Chicken & his fat /skin

spud
User
User

Post by spud » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:56

Sorry Crusty044
May have been a little harsh with the BB but hey that what we call Guys from Qld.

Anyway we are back and looking to get started again.
Need to do a bit of reading to catch up on topics on forum and not make a fool of myself as I do have some questions.
Might need your local advise on some products which are available mail order over your way.
Onwe that springs to mind is "kwikcure" or something similar. have you seen, heard or used the product. Cant seen to find out where I have stashed the info, will look later for correct spelling.

(edit its KWIKURIT )
from http://www.butcherathome.com.au/shop/in ... ff5e84m007

rgds Spud
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 17:13

Hi Spud,
Be careful when you buy chicken sometimes they pump the chicken with all kinds of garbage, have a look on the skin you may notice a row of puncture marks if they have pumped it.This might be the water problem you are having.I have made various chicken sausages and used the skin but I do not use bread crumbs as an extender or binder but rather potato starch and have never had a bad batch.Problems arise if the crumbs that you are using have been made with regular bread then they could still have some active yeast in them.
Something else to consider is simmering the bones (not boiling) then use the liquid stock instead of water.What I do is pour the liquid into ice trays then store the cubes in the freezer to use for sausage, sauce or soup. :smile:
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 23:14

Hi Spud,
I couldn't care less what you call me Mate, I am now a banana bender and being Dutch born I am also called a Clogwog. Big Deal.
Butcher at Home are good people. Join their mailing list and you can buy specials every month.
Check their recipes?
Have a look at www.redbacktrading.com.au, they have the US Cure #1 and #2 for sale as well as netting etc. They have a bacon recipe as well on their site
I bought the Quickcure but have not used it yet.
If you need any more info just PM me.
Regards,
Jan.
Bribane