Soy Protein vs Powdered Milk

redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Jul 18, 2012 07:24

Rob, also check the soy products from Stuffers in Langley. I get all my supplies from them
http://estores.wws5.com/stuffers.com/we ... _words=soy

Chris
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 07:56

Hi Darth,
I`d swear, everyone I`ve talked to lately is diabetic. I have to shoot up 2 types of insulin, three times daily. I finally got tired of needles and started drinkin` the stuff by the bucket!

Hey ol` pal, have you tried making emulsified oil fat replacer in your sausages yet? Remember that there is a great difference between soy protein isolate and soy protein concentrate. You can make an emulsified oil fat substitute using SPI but not SPC. The reason is "isolate" contains 90% protein, while "concentrate" contains only 70%. It`s just not enough to provide an emulsion. By the way, if you are going to make emulsified oil fat substitute, mix one part soy protein isolate, four parts chilled vegetable oil, and five parts cold water. If you tried soy protein concentrate in this formula, you would only come up with a yellowish paste rather than a nice white emulsion. Soy protein isolate (SPI) may be purchased at health food stores.

Quick Directions:
If you`re going to make the soy fat substitute, mix the ratio of 1:4:5. Again, that is one part soy protein isolate, four parts chilled vegetable oil, and five parts cold water. Place the (1 part) soy protein isolate into a food processor and start by drizzling in the (five parts) cold water. Mix the two ingredients for at least a minute on high speed. Next, start drizzling in the (4 parts) chilled oil and continue mixing until another minute has passed and a firm emulsion has been set.

Darth, I often think of NorCalKid`s and Davezak`s sons (and others!) with celiac (also spelled coeliac) disorder, and Vagrey`s beef-protein intolerability. Then I think of all the diabetics in our membership. And now we learn of your wife`s celiac discomfort. I know I join many others when I say our thoughts and prayers go out for all the folks who suffer with these health issues. Let`s hope modern medicine is able to soon conquer these illnesses. Please give your wife our kindest regards.

Best Wishes.
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D