What if you don't have a smoker with temp control?

sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Jan 21, 2014 09:06

ssorllih wrote:Air pollution! When all of that hot air in Washington hits that cold artic air we end up with a with precipitate that looks like ash but as soon as sunlight hits, it goes away like the promises that come with all of that hot air.
That must be a old smoker because there's certainly nothing new about what it takes to make it work. I've seen snow a couple of dozen times in my entire life, can't say I was fond of it. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Jan 21, 2014 15:36

Ray It started snowing here a half hour ago and is expected to continue past supper time and leave us with 8 to 12 inches. We don't leave any thing out if we want to be able to find it the next day.
Ross- tightwad home cook
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Jan 21, 2014 16:05

Boy howdy Ross, that sounds like fine sausage-making / bread-baking weather! I see where your winds are expected to go up to 40mph, I couldn't imagine being outside in that with heavy snow falling. I'd think a nice supply of firewood and a generator would be critical, maybe even a team of sled-dogs. Take care and stay warm. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jan 21, 2014 21:40

Ross ("capo-de-tutti-capi ") wrote:
Air pollution! When all of that hot air in Washington hits that cold artic air we end up with a with precipitate that looks like ash but as soon as sunlight hits, it goes away like the promises that come with all of that hot air.
Image Image Image
Ain't it the truth? :wink:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D