Any one made Nduja

markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Any one made Nduja

Post by markjass » Tue Sep 30, 2014 01:10

N'duja is a spicy spreadable sausage made with pork. It is typically made with parts of the pig such as the shoulder, belly and jowl, as well as a mixture of spices. http://www.cucumbertown.com/homemade-nd ... ecipe-dish

Has anyone made it?
Do no harm. Margerine is the biggest food crime
Tasso
User
User

Post by Tasso » Wed Oct 01, 2014 02:51

This is the first I've heard of it. It sounds good. That video doesn't showcase it very well, in my opinion, but if you google it, you find plenty more images and info and it seems enticing.
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Oct 01, 2014 07:47

N'duja is an interesting sausage and I lke that spice combo in the recipe in the link. But 1kg of pork belly and 2kg of back fat? What would be the meat to fat ratio? 10/90?
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Wed Oct 01, 2014 08:07

I really like pate's and spreadable sausages. I know it is not a sausage, but rillettes made from pork belly, pigs head and trotters with a bit of duck is beyond doubt the greatest thing to spread on toast or fresh bread. Try it in a toasted wrap or inside a toasted pita bread pocket.

Back to the topic. Until a few days ago I had never heard of N'duja. I too liked the spice mix in this recipe, but as you commented redzed the meat to fat ratio is a bit out there. I wonder if the poster has got it the right way around. I looked at Len Poli's recipe. His mix does not excite me. In it he uses tripe. I am not sure if I can get hold of this. Will carry on searching on line.
Baconologist
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Baconologist » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:19

Yes, I've made it following Scott's recipe and method at Sausage Debauchery.....

http://sausagedebauchery.blogspot.com/search?q=Nduja
Godspeed!

Bob
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:07

It was seeing his posting on facebook that got me interested. Thanks for the link to his blog.
Cabonaia
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Cabonaia » Wed Oct 01, 2014 15:27

redzed wrote:1kg of pork belly and 2kg of back fat? What would be the meat to fat ratio?
I guess that would depend on how fatty the belly is, but it's so close to 100% that you might as well call it pork butter. :o It sounds eminently spreadable -- and delicious.