cure2 FAO Chuckwagon

northwall
Beginner
Beginner

cure2 FAO Chuckwagon

Post by northwall » Wed Apr 02, 2014 14:15

Hi,

Im looking for a good source of cure 2 and was hoping to get a contact in poland..im pig sick of using UK suppliers....and it's very hard to get genuine cure 2...only one source and its v very expensive. (sausagemaking.org).

Any polish,german or other suggested suppliers would be appreciated.....

cheers

andrej
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 21:24

Hi Northwall,
In the EU, mostly peklosol is used from what I am told.
For comparison, in Australia, Cure #1 and #2 cost approx. $ 15.00 per kilo
Cheers,
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Apr 02, 2014 23:57

Andre J, where have you been you rascal? Hey... I've been showering regularly - don't stay away so long! :mrgreen:
Hey, hey, Andre J... go to our home-directory forum page and click on the Polish flag or symbol in the upper right hand corner. Click on Maxell's avatar and ask his advice. (He is a fellow moderator (administrator) in Beltachow, Poland and one of the nicest guys you can ever meet. He'll give you some straight shootin' answers about Cures in Europe).

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
northwall
Beginner
Beginner

Post by northwall » Sun Apr 06, 2014 14:49

Hi Chuck....

sorry.....been busy big time...............
thx for the info......i get so pissed off with my countrymen.....they are clueless and rip off merchants too....driving me mad. If you knew the probs i have sourcing properly butchered cuts of meat and supplies...you would cry for me...1.5 yrs now and i still have issues. I had pork neck delivered to me yestereday....it was at 10c.........jesus.....i freaked.....what the....
northwall
Beginner
Beginner

Post by northwall » Sun Apr 06, 2014 15:43

hi chuck.....

got as far as the polish flag but didnt see maxell..........help pls..........god i miss poland...why did i ever leave!!!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Apr 06, 2014 19:55

Hey, hey, Andre J!
If you promise to check in with us a little more often... I'll send you his private email address by pm. :wink: Watch your private messages. :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Apr 06, 2014 23:37

To the best of my knowledge, Cure 2 is not known or sold in Poland (neither is Cure 1) Some commercial products contain KNO3, but I am not aware of any products that are combinations of nitrite, nitrate and salt. The formulations sold as Cure 1 and Cure 2 are based on the now archaic British weight system where Cure 1 contains 1 ounce of nitrite per pound. Cure 2 contains .64 of an ounce of nitrate and 1 ounce of nitrite per pound. This odd system is not used on continental Europe and that is why Cures 1 and 2 are not sold there.

Pozdrawiam
northwall
Beginner
Beginner

Post by northwall » Mon Apr 07, 2014 04:14

yes...i will...wink wink....u for a strat are an excellent compadre...im just busy, stressed, tired etc....but yu are right.....will make more effort....