Sweet and Spicy snack stix

rgauthier20420
Frequent User
Frequent User

Sweet and Spicy snack stix

Post by rgauthier20420 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 16:25

Hello everyone. I'm looking to make something different out of my next batch of snack sticks. I wanted to go more sweet and spicy with them, but I can't seem to find a suitable recipe. I don't want to add maple syrup to the ingredient list. I was thinking these ingredients to start.

.25 % Cure #1
2% Salt
.3 % Pepper
.15 % Garlic Powder
1% Turbinado Sugar
.2 % Cayenne
.1 % Red Pepper Flakes

The heat percentages are taken from my Andouille recipe so I know they'll workout. I might go a little lower initially and fry a taste test though. The 1 % sugar is what I use in my bacon to balance out the salt and I always like the salty sweetness of my bacon. Although that is used in a dry cure method, I'm not sure how much would be used in a sausage type setting.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Wed Apr 29, 2015 17:43

Rg -
Thats kind of a tough one. Its usually Sweet vs Sour as in a fast fermented Summer Sausage or Pepperoni.
Not sure how a sweet tasting meat stick would be. :shock:
rgauthier20420
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by rgauthier20420 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 17:44

Bob K wrote:Rg -
Thats kind of a tough one. Its usually Sweet vs Sour as in a fast fermented Summer Sausage or Pepperoni.
Not sure how a sweet tasting meat stick would be. :shock:
It must be a tough one cause there sure aren't a lot of people out there doing it. I just love the sweet and hot whole muscle beef jerky from the store. I can't see why that wouldn't translate into a meat stick.