What is the Craziest Salami flavor you've ever made?

redzed

Post by redzed » Fri May 11, 2018 06:54

Thanks for posting the recipe Eric. And the video is superb! I gotta try it!
MatterOne
User
User

Post by MatterOne » Sat May 12, 2018 16:57

cajuneric wrote:Unfortunately the cuisine is not very inspired here and as I've mentioned before there really isn't any charcuterie to speak of.
Sounds like a potential business opportunity!

I'm really enjoying your creative ideas and have been giving your videos a thumbs up. Keep it up!
cajuneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cajuneric » Sat May 12, 2018 17:04

Thanks for checking out the videos. I agree about the business opportunity. I'm already one step ahead. 7 years ago we moved here and immediately noticed a possibility to earn a living doing what we love. We started a small business that's now grown quite substantially and I get to work along side my favorite people in the world. My wife and 3 kids!! How cool is that!!
MatterOne
User
User

Post by MatterOne » Sat May 12, 2018 17:57

Very cool!

What is your current business? I know you make bagels, but is there more?
cajuneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cajuneric » Sat May 12, 2018 18:05

We started a frozen food business. Basically we make tons of different dishes then freeze them in portions for 2 adults. All our customers have to do is heat and eat.

We cook whatever we want when we want so we aren't tied to any specific menu. The varieties are changing each week. If you check out my website click on the "menu" tab and scroll down to cured meats. This is our newest addition to the menu!!

We are called 2 Guys & A Cooler (like on the videos)

http://doshombrespanama.com/

Eric
MatterOne
User
User

Post by MatterOne » Sat May 12, 2018 20:38

That's fantastic! You're living the dream!

Just out of curiosity, when someone orders your dry-cured meats and sausages, how big is the portion for the given cost?
cajuneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cajuneric » Sat May 12, 2018 20:44

The cost of pork here is ridiculous. So I slice it paper thin and package it up in 80-90 gram packages

E
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Sat May 12, 2018 21:59

I think you have a very nice thing going and I hope your doing well, I also, wish you good luck for the future.
I was also wondering with the slice meats, what amount you get as well.
I love your menu items, they look delicious.
Curious, can you and do you ship to the US
cajuneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cajuneric » Sat May 12, 2018 23:34

Thanks. We general do 100g of salami and 80 grams of salumi presliced for each tray. :mrgreen:

That's funny. We get asked constantly to ship our product to the us. For now it's only available in Panama :wink:

On a different topic this afternoon I was finally able to get around to curing the meat for that "Double Bacon" Salumi.

The belly was wack and I had to "fix it before I cured it. The loin was ok. Needed some trimming but I just put it in the fridge to EQ cure for a few weeks!!

here's the breakdown on what I used for the loin (Canadian Bacon):

Salt 2.75%
Cure 2 .25%
Maple Syrup 1/4 cup (per 4 pounds)
Brown Sugar 2%
Bay Leaves 1 per pound roughly torn
Minced Garlic 1%
Cracked Black Pepper Corn .5%

Tomorrow once my belly is done healing I will cure it and get it going. The butcher cut it all uneven and there was a huge gash in the middle where the meat and fat was removed. Instead of complaining about it I just glued other trimmed parts of the belly to the bare spot and tomorrow she'll be good as new. Transglutaminase comes in real handy in a pinch!!