Hungarian paprika Landjaeger type fermented sausage recipe needed

fatboyz
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Hungarian paprika Landjaeger type fermented sausage recipe needed

Post by fatboyz » Fri Jan 01, 2021 01:39

We're Chinooking here today Ed, it was +7. Going to be nice all through New Years. I made a home built Adventure Over lander truck that is 4WD. We're heading west to the mountains tonight as soon as my wife is done work. This will be the 5th year in a row we've spent New years out camping in the mountains. It's only going be a low of Minus 6 for the next 4 days. Two years ago when we were out it went down to -35!
Albertaed
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Albertaed » Fri Jan 01, 2021 02:03

That’s an awesome way bring in New Years! -8 up here in Peace River. I’ll take it for this time of year. Enjoy the mountains!!
redzed

Post by redzed » Fri Jan 01, 2021 19:22

Nice batch of sausage! Lots of spices, but you have the three essential ones that define Hungarian sausages: paprika, garlic and caraway. Let us what it tastes like after drying. I'm also interested in knowing whether the cold smoking caused any noticeable case hardening. I gotta make a Hungarian salami on of these days as well.
fatboyz
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by fatboyz » Fri Jan 01, 2021 23:22

Red I think it will be fine. The smoke was quite cool as it was cool outside through the night. The Landjaeger I just did was fantastic. We'll see in a couple weeks.