Ronco Showtime 4000

sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Ronco Showtime 4000

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Oct 27, 2012 03:25

I know this is more a kitchen appliance than anything to do with sausage smoking or meat curing, but this unit has proved invaluable over the years. If you want a no-fuss, no-muss, perfectly cooked and juicey five-pound chicken in 75 minutes, this unit is right for you. I've had one for over six years now and everything that's come off of it had been great. Small prime rib roasts and small turkey, boneless Coscto leg-o-lambs, I've done over 200 chickens on mine, it's a slam-dunk winner every time.

I know the infomercials seem hokey but these things work great and last, no problem for me in over six years. If you check craigslist there are some REAL good deals RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Oct 27, 2012 05:04

Now if you can figure how to pipe smoke into it...................
Ross- tightwad home cook
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Oct 27, 2012 08:26

ssorllih wrote:Now if you can figure how to pipe smoke into it...................
Man does not live by smoke alone, it just seems that way most of the time. I've neglected the Ronco recently and feel I must make amends. Maybe a early trip to Costco for a boneless leg-o-lamb pounded full of garlic, some mint-apple jelly, and a ton of fried zucchini would put things in place for a Giants sweep, tho I really think it might take us six. I hate paying that much for the lamb, it was half the price four years ago, but I think I just might spoil myself. Of course I'll spoil myself, I deserve it!
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”