Used my new grinder and mixer

sausagemaneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Used my new grinder and mixer

Post by sausagemaneric » Thu Feb 28, 2013 04:27

So my son got to use the new Cabella's 22 grinder and LEM 25 lb. tilting mixer today. He made 100 lbs of sausage. 70 lbs of Rytek's hot Italian, and 30 lbs of Bruce Aidells Andouille. He said the grinder was quite mind blowing. Was done in less than 40 minutes. The finely ground meat went quite bit quicker than before and the coarse ground was almost done when he started. He doesn't think the meat mixer saved much time, but it was nice not to freeze your fingers off and it really mixed the product up well. Especially the Andouille, since it had Soy Protein Concentrate in it. I can't wait to learn how to take pic's and post them!
V465
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 08:10

Nice going Eric! What is better than ol' Rytek's hot Italian sausage? It sounds like you had a good time with the new equipment. I use a mixer too and love it. No cold hands to complain about and it does a terrific job of breaking down the proteins. What kind of a stuffer are you using? Sure would like to see some photos when you get posting. I had nothing but trouble with imageshack and finally ended up going to photobucket. Hope things work out for you.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Feb 28, 2013 18:24

Hi Eric, I've had the Cabelas 1hp grinder for about six years now and never had a problem, the thing is a real workhorse. Take CW's suggestion and go to photobucket and establish a account, it's all free and fairly simple to use. Here's the link:

http://s229.beta.photobucket.com/user/s ... login=true

Once you've uploaded pics to photobucket and established a album all you have to do is copy the image code on the photobucket page and paste it to your post on this site, like this

I'll be happy to help if you run into any problems. Keep on grindin' and stuffin'! RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
sausagemaneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sausagemaneric » Thu Feb 28, 2013 18:52

I doctored up Rytek's Hot Italian with one bunch of parsley two tablespoons of fresh garlic. I have a 15 lb. Dick (I think) stuffer. I've had it since like 1993-ish. I ordered the regular one speed stuffer from Rytek's co. They said it would be back ordered for some long amount of time and asked me if I still wanted to pay for it at that time. I said yes cause who knows what I might do with the $345.00 I had in my hand right then. About three months later this big two speed stuffer showed up and I called to make sure they were cool with it. I am still quite stoked about it!
V465