Ph tester

redzed

Ph tester

Post by redzed » Thu Feb 28, 2013 09:14

Does anyone have the top-messtechnik ph meter? Lot less than the Hanna, but no North American dealer sells them.
http://www.top-messtechnik.com/jtlshop/ ... 8&lang=eng
sausage-john
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Ph tester

Post by sausage-john » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:30

redzed wrote:Does anyone have the top-messtechnik ph meter? Lot less than the Hanna, but no North American dealer sells them.
http://www.top-messtechnik.com/jtlshop/ ... 8&lang=eng
Hi redzed,
I just bought the ph reader on ebay, and it is for reading sausages etc and comes from Germany, arrived in 10 days, reasonably priced and works great. Need to watch sells quickly, but keeps on re-listing on a regular basis.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/EINSTECH-PH-Mete ... 53f566d500

Cheers, John
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Feb 28, 2013 17:16

Hi John,

I have been looking at that meter for a while. How much did you get hit for additional charges? At least the post office does not charge the so-called "brokearage" fees.

Have you tried it yet? No reviews of it are available anywhere. And is it really made in Germany or in China and only sold by a German firm?

This past weekend I made some Salame Cacciatore and had a hard time reading the darned strips. I think the starting PH was around 6.5 and after 48 hours might be around 5.5 but really hard to tell. I was annoyed in not being able to able to determine whether I had the appropriate drop. I was cocerned that my starter culture was too old or I did not enough.
sausage-john
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sausage-john » Thu Feb 28, 2013 21:20

redzed wrote:Hi John,

I have been looking at that meter for a while. How much did you get hit for additional charges? At least the post office does not charge the so-called "brokearage" fees.

Have you tried it yet? No reviews of it are available anywhere. And is it really made in Germany or in China and only sold by a German firm?

This past weekend I made some Salame Cacciatore and had a hard time reading the darned strips. I think the starting PH was around 6.5 and after 48 hours might be around 5.5 but really hard to tell. I was annoyed in not being able to able to determine whether I had the appropriate drop. I was cocerned that my starter culture was too old or I did not enough.

Hi redzed,
The shipping was around $ 35.00, I think my total bill was around $172.00 ph meter & shipping and it is made in Taiwan. Works like a charm, seems like they sell quick but they are re listing it reguraly.

John
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Feb 28, 2013 21:57

Thanks, I think I will get myself an early birthday present and order one. I suspected that they were not made in Germany. Strange that no one sells them in North America. There is nothing else around in that price range, and it's half the cost of the Hanna.