Remote Internal Meat Temp Alarm

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 05:59

Ray:
Those are the most beautiful BBQ'd chickens I've ever seen. Wow!
Blackriver:
Amen, Brother!
Verrrrry professional. Keep up the good work pal.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 06:39

Ray,
I clearly remember how these smoked chooks actually began. It all started with a Turkey 7up brine CW listed. You have tweeked it to suit chickens.
And what a result!!!!!!!!. The taste is great too as I have made them as well several times.
They are superior than anything you can buy from the Colonel.
The brine seems just right, at first I was skeptical about using 7up but it works so well.
Congratulations Mate with a superb result AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
Jan.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Jun 26, 2013 06:22

I've really never tweaked a thing outside of adding a bit of Mapleine to CW's ham recipe, and I'll be doing that in about one hour because I postponed things to where I'll be plugging the Pro 100 Sunday about 10 pm. Aside from my Noni and my Mama who taught me how to cook Italian, CW has been the greatest influence in my culinary career, the wealth of knowledge this man shares is beyond belief. I was sent to Stanford U right after graduating high school for two days of vocational aptitude testing. Number 1 was gourmet chef, number 2 was a draw between carpenter and plumber. My father would have sent me to Cordon Bleu but I was kind of a rough and tumble sort and at the time really couldn't envision being a chef. I whistled all day every day for about 32 years as a carpenter, and I made a really nice living investing properly and working hard. I whistle while I cook and prepare food in the kitchen, folks always say I'm a natural. If the sun doesn't come up for me tomorrow, I've had a great life and enjoyed every dammed day. Well, most of 'em anyway. RAY

I've known hundreds of women, and cut the cord on my two children. You might think it's sick, and maybe it is, but this dog was the greatest love of my life next to my wife and mama.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 09:49

Ray, you wrote:
Aside from my Noni and my Mama who taught me how to cook Italian, CW has been the greatest influence in my culinary career, the wealth of knowledge this man shares is beyond belief.
That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about me. Dang it man, you just brought a tear to the corner of my eye! Thank you so very much for your kind remark. Oh, and yes, I share your love for dogs - I've raised Shelties (Shetland Sheepdogs) in sibling pairs all my life. Heck, everyone knows they're just furry kids!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D