The Smokenator?

rbanks123
Beginner
Beginner

The Smokenator?

Post by rbanks123 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 20:57

Hello all,

I am considering getting one of the Smokenators? http://www.smokenator.com/ I am wondering if anyone here has any thoughts on this product of if maybe you use something else... maybe better? Anyway I would love your thoughts!
Thanks

Russ
artisanbros.blogspot.com
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Tue Jun 25, 2013 23:55

Living in Utah, close to beloved moderator Chuckwagon (who "blows smoke" quite a bit), you may not need such a setup!

I've had good luck lately with the Amazin" tube smoker http://www.amazenproducts.com/ which you might consider. Others have their favorites (and opinions), as you will soon find out. Meanwhile, search around our forum's posts. We may be opinionated, but we're... uh... open-minded? Uh... easily... uh...
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Jun 26, 2013 01:04

Russ , You managed to answer that enquiry more gently that I might have.
Ross- tightwad home cook
rbanks123
Beginner
Beginner

Post by rbanks123 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 01:22

ssorllih wrote:Russ , You managed to answer that enquiry more gently that I might have.
Haha... thanks for not going off on me. I asked some others and have gotten some ideas like the "ring of fire" and the Firebricks" methods... I will try these out before I spend the money on a Smokenator. It looks like a neat product though so I am still curious!

Russ
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Jun 26, 2013 02:32

mnay years ago Weber has a system that allowed you to position the coals left and right of the center. As El Ducko stated there are many methods and many opinions but I would not give this one very high points.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:40

El QuackO wrote:
Living in Utah, close to beloved moderator Chuckwagon (who "blows smoke" quite a bit), you may not need such a setup!
Now listen here, you... you... you decadent duck! You.. you... you garrulous goose! You long-winded loon of a crackpot coot!
There`s a terrific amount of difference between consistently, habitually, and regularly blowing heavy smoke smudge (like some replicated pseudo-anatidae do around here), and possibly or infrequently blowing a little sporadic or random hot air (as I may have done on occasion), from time to time... once in a blue moon!
Na, na, naa... na, na, naaaaaa! Image
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Wed Jun 26, 2013 19:53

Izzat a mushroom cloud I spy
Aloft in western sky?
"...Chuck E. Wagon's. His," sez I.
"He'll calm down, bye-the-bye."

...or not. Stay tuned for our next exciting, action-packed episode, kids,
brought to you by........ME !........WooHoo! WooHoo! WooHoo!
(strains of Daffy Duck's theme echo....)
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.