PH meter : a story of customer service

ursula
Passionate
Passionate

PH meter : a story of customer service

Post by ursula » Fri Jun 20, 2014 09:13

I bought a Lutron PH 212 PH meter last year in August from Heatmiser in UK, for $161, including postage and a spare probe.
Yesterday I used it to test my mettwurst, and it failed. The readings were around 13 - 14.
I then noticed that the internal tube in the probe had a crack in it. (The unit itself is very robust and should last for years). Fortunately I had the spare probe, which works perfectly with a great degree of accuracy.
Now online shopping has the onerous requirement that the buyer pays for the item to be returned.
So I emailed Heatmiser, not expecting any satisfaction, and they have waived the requirement to send it back and are sending me a new one free of charge.
That doesn't happen very often, and it put an extra smile on my face for the day.
Ursula
cogboy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cogboy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:00

Wow, Unfortunately service like that is a rarity instead of the norm .Sounds like a great company to deal with !
redzed

Post by redzed » Fri Jun 20, 2014 16:37

Ursula, that is great to hear. I wish i had an extra probe and will start looking for one. They do wear out. Mine was starting to bounce around a bit but I purchased a cleaning solution and it seems to be fine for now. I calibrate it each time between testing batches after storage.