Chinese bowl cutter

Bob K

Post by Bob K » Mon Jun 01, 2015 22:22

Jan-
The link to that bowl cutter http://zzglory.en.alibaba.com/product/6 ... utter.html
Red posted it in the first post
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Jun 02, 2015 05:38

I just would like to add that this ZZGlory has a lot of other food processing equipment and it sometimes can be a good idea to order directly from China. But don't forget to bargain. When they first responded with a quote they wanted $980. Everything is negotiable, and I also wangled an extra set of knives into the deal.

For shipping I used a forwarding company http://cargofromchina.com/

They were honest with their quote, and there were no hidden charges and shipped the machine through DHL.
frankie

ZZglory bowl cutter TQ5A

Post by frankie » Mon May 02, 2016 13:31

Hi,

I am planning to purchase the same bowl cutter that you bought from China. Have your tried making emulsion sausage with this machine. Is the motor sturdy enough for making emulsion with cold meat, ice cubes, and cold fat? Does your machine still work well after a year..

thanks !!
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue May 03, 2016 06:21

Hi Frankie and welcome to the forum! I described the machine an it's performance in this this thread http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.ph ... weisswurst

Since I made the weisswurst I only used it a couple of other times. I made Polish style weiner called parówki and used it another time to make salami. Parówki are an emulsified sausage, and after my first experience I processed only 2kg at a time and the machine handled that quite well. But the whole process does take a bit of practice and there is a learning curve. It is a solid well built machine, but I have not worked with any other brand, so I really can't speak from experience. I think that the unit is OK for occasional or home use but in a commercial application I would want something bigger than the 5l model. Most of the machines that are made by that company are 230V, but mine is 115V. So that might have something to do with it's sluggish performance.

How will you be using your machine and what products will you be making? I'd also like to hear what type of sausages are popular in your country.
LOUSANTELLO
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by LOUSANTELLO » Tue May 03, 2016 13:09

I watched some of the videos of the bowl cutters. I was curious whether how you control the coarseness of the meat especially if you want to add spices. I would imagine it would be very difficult to maintain a coarse consistency.
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed May 04, 2016 07:18

It all comes down to knowing your machine. When making emulsified products you add the spices during the process and they get blended in very efficiently. When chopping meat for products like salami, can you mix the spices with the cubed meat and then chop, or add to the meat after chopping like you would after grinding. When I used my chopper I still mixed the meat afterwards until slightly sticky. For me it has been doubly hard to learn how to use the machine because I am on my own. A few videos certainly helped, but it sure would be great to work for a while with someone with experience.
BriCan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by BriCan » Wed May 04, 2016 09:05

redzed wrote:It all comes down to knowing your machine. When making emulsified products you add the spices during the process and they get blended in very efficiently. When chopping meat for products like salami,
The use of frozen meat is much better for salame's
can you mix the spices with the cubed meat and then chop, or add to the meat after chopping like you would after grinding.
Dust while chopping
When I used my chopper I still mixed the meat afterwards until slightly sticky.
This tells me you are not using properly as it should be sticky already
For me it has been doubly hard to learn how to use the machine because I am on my own. A few videos certainly helped, but it sure would be great to work for a while with someone with experience.
I will see if I can pull some time off if you like :)
BriCan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by BriCan » Wed May 04, 2016 09:07

LOUSANTELLO wrote:I watched some of the videos of the bowl cutters. I was curious whether how you control the coarseness of the meat especially if you want to add spices. I would imagine it would be very difficult to maintain a coarse consistency.
Chalk line on the outside of the bowl and count the revolutions :) ... it's true .. the other is feel
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed May 04, 2016 17:24

BriCan wrote:I will see if I can pull some time off if you like :)
I can go for that! I will be making 3 or four types of grilling sausages at some point in June for our annual Canada Day party. You can over and guide me. I'm an old dog but still wanting to learn new tricks! :lol: