Vacuum sealer

Blackriver
Passionate
Passionate

Vacuum sealer

Post by Blackriver » Sun Feb 14, 2016 15:27

I have had a food saver vacuum sealer for a few years now and I was thinking about upgrading to a chamber style. The food saver works but it does not always give me a good vacuum and you have to get the bags just right for it to vacuum. It also does poor with anything that has liquid in it like raw meat. I tried partially freezing but that can be a pain. The bags are also expensive. The chamber sealers bags are much cheaper, as cheap as a regular freezer bag and it has no problem with liquid. Problem is they are expensive. Has anyone had any experience with chamber style vacuum sealer? Here is the one I am looking at. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/ary-vac ... VP112.html
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sun Feb 14, 2016 16:28

Blackriver-
I have had a Vp215 for 3 or 4 years now and could never go back to a suction machine for the reasons you stated.

Seals moist/wet foods no problem, inexpensive bags. Heck they even reseal store bought frozen vegetable bags.

Disadvantage is that they really need permanent counter space due to their weight. The "portable" one you are looking at weighs 60 lbs.

The plus of the VP215 is that it has an oil pump as opposed to a dry pump in the Vp112 (longer lasting and more powerful, faster) and it also has a double seal bar, which in thousands of seals for me has never failed to seal :mrgreen:
Many Of the parts are also easily and inexpensively replaceable, seal bars, gaskets etc. so none of the foodsaver sh*tting the bed after a year problems

NorthFork
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by NorthFork » Sun Feb 14, 2016 17:16

I have the same sealer that Bob recommends and also highly recommend it, and for all of the same reasons. We have been using ours for several years and I know we have vac packed a couple thousand(at Least) pounds of meat and no idea how many vegetables, soups, stews etc., without a failure and we are still running on the original seal strip and lid seal. We got tired of the expensive bags and also replacing the sealer itself every couple of years, a lot of money but you won't regret it and you immediately start saving on bags---

Pat
I've always tried to set a good example for others-but many times I've had to settle for just being a horrible warning!
Blackriver
Passionate
Passionate

Vacuum sealer

Post by Blackriver » Mon Feb 15, 2016 00:53

Thanks guys I will look at that sealer also