SAUSAGE PHOTO GALLERY (Without Original Recipes)

atcNick
Passionate
Passionate

Post by atcNick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 18:16

steelchef wrote:Well Nick, now you and the rest of the world are aware of all that I know about the subject. I assumed! :shock:

It still look delicious and I'll definitely be making a batch ASAP.
You definitely should! It's fairly easy and I've had the best success so far with Kabanosy than any other sausage I have made.
-Nick
Custom R&O Smoker
Cedar Smokehouse
Weber Performer
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle
Weber 18" WSM
Weber Smokey Joe
Lang 84 Deluxe w/chargriller SOLD
Cinder Block Smokehouse RETIRED
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Made a different (to me) type last night

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Sat Jan 15, 2011 21:02

Over on one of the BBQ forums I'm a member of we make a lot of stuffed peppers we call ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds). :mrgreen:

Cut a jalapeno in half, remove the seeds and membrane, stuff with cream cheese, place a small pre-made smoked sausage on top of the cream cheese, wrap in bacon, and then put it on the smoker until the bacon is done to your likeness.

Since I love to experiment I decided to use the ingredients of the ABTs in a sausage.

The patty I sampled wasn't too bad, but needs more cheese. We just took 2 of the sausages and steamed them for a snack and they taste really well.

I plan to smoke them today if the weather cooperates.

Charlie
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Sun Jan 16, 2011 03:38

Here are the finished pics of the new sausage and of some Polish I made...

ABT sausage

Polish sausage made per the recipe given me from a Polish lady I work with. She'll get some Monday and we'll see if I made the grade! :shock:

Charlie
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jan 16, 2011 04:05

Hey Cranko Charlo, That looks maaaavelous!
You can cook around my campfire any day! :smile:
Do you think DaveZac will run for president in 2012?
My pal Lemon D told BBQ Bob that a hangover is the wrath of grapes! :shock:
Best wishes, Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Salmonclubber
Beginner
Beginner

Summer Sausage with Cheddar Cheese

Post by Salmonclubber » Wed Jan 26, 2011 02:59

last weekend I did 25 pounds of Summer Sausage with Cheddar cheese I used Pre mixed seasoning from the Sausagemaker and some Hi temp cheddar cheese I used 70/30 Venison/Pork butt and 2.5 pounds cheddar cheese this stuff is Awesome this will be on the menu for the Superbowl

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 05:33

Hello Salmonclubber,
That stuff looks good enough to eat! Nice job clubber of salmon. Very professional. The venison sure makes it dark eh? I've made deer sausage all my life and found a lot of city folks get a bit persnickity about the color. Hey, their loss eh? I think 70-30 is a good blend. How did you like the taste of the high temp cheese? I haven't quite brought myself to trying it yet. Don't really know why. They've even got jalapeno cheeze in hi-temp now. Do you recommend it? But hey, I'm with you on the Sausagmaker's pre-mixed seasonings. It's good stuff. I'm hooked on Uncle Abe's (Abe Carducci) original jerky seasoning. Great taste. Are you going to make fermented sausages too?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Salmonclubber
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Salmonclubber » Wed Jan 26, 2011 05:52

Chuckwagon
The Hi temp cheese is great stuff I have used the Cheddar and the Mozzerella they are both great the cheddar is great in the Summer Sausage I like the combo of Jalapeno and cheddar they make a great summer sausage I highly reccomend the hi temp cheese I have not tried the pepper cheese yet I am stuck on the cheddar
I do like uncle abe's jerky season its great stuff I just learned about it about six months ago and I agree its great stuff I just got an order in today and I am going to try the colorado jerky seasoning I have been re stocking my supply's so I will be going wide open here soon I have lots of new recipes to try should be fun
I would like to do the dry cured sausage stuff but right now I am not set up for doing it I have been reading a lot about it and will do it some day when I get more room around the house I will be trying some semi dry summer sausages and pepperoni in the near future I am looking forward to that
I just made My first batch of Landjager and it turned out awesome and it got me excited about doing different types of sausage' s so I will be doing a few different things soon I cant wait

Huey
Salmonclubber
Beginner
Beginner

Cracked Pepper and garlic Summer Sausage with Cheddar cheese

Post by Salmonclubber » Mon Mar 07, 2011 02:41

Hello Everyone

Today i did 15 pounds of cracked pepper and garlic summer sausage with cheese this stuff is awesome I used a kit from Hi Mountain seasonings i mixed 60/40 Pork/Elk meat this stuff tasted great right out of the smoker I have been excited to try this one I am very happy with it I will be doing it again here are the pics

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 04:03

Hey Fishslapper,
That is a great job. Hi-Mountain has a great reputation but... (I've never tried it) :oops: Do you really like it more than just your own fresh ingredients? Just curious. There are a few pre-prepped spice mixes I use quite often too. Uncle Abe's jerky mix is a pretty hot item in the states.
Did you add the cheese or did that come with your kit? Oh yes.... you've got to love that combination of black pepper and elk. With about 60% pork, it just HAS to be a hit. The texture looks nice and there's just a hint of a smoke ring too. I'll bet it's tasty! Good job. Hey, this stuff gets in your blood eh?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Salmonclubber
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Salmonclubber » Mon Mar 07, 2011 04:37

Chuckwagon

I use all pre mixed seasonings for most of my sausages it is just easier for me to do it this way I did add the cheese I used Hi temp cheese in the sausage 10% later when I start making dry cured sausages I will start making my own mixes for sausages but until then I will continue to use the pre mixed stuff
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 22:14

Hi Toolman,
That is gorgeous craftsmanship! I am impressed with your turingian style cooked salami. Does it taste as good as it looks? Wow, keep up the good work, and let us know what you are doing next. Are you using Bactoferm cultures for any dry-cured, fermented products?
Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
toolmann
User
User

Post by toolmann » Mon Apr 04, 2011 22:50

thanks chuckwagon !! yes i do use startercultures now and than .
the turingian style cooked salami , yes it tastes very good . its hot smoked than simmerd than cold smoked for a couple off days and let in the smoker to shrivel up a bit , for looks
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Tue Apr 05, 2011 06:03

toolmann wrote:the turingian style cooked salami
Impressive toolman - this is obviously not your first rodeo!

I assume that this 'turingian' is the sausage we know more populary as Thuringer?

If correct would you please share your recipe and method. It would be nice to know where you got your casings as well. My past attempts, (not that great) have been stuffed in muslin casings. Now I'm afraid to use or even say it out loud in case it's mistaken for another word.
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:19

Toolmann,
I am rookie to the Sausage making, any tips and tricks that you would be willing to share I am all ears and eyes. The pictures of your various sausage sure made me hungry and wishing I was there fo a tasting. :cool: