[USA]"Saddle Bum's Chicken Sausage"

ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Jan 05, 2013 02:53

Jakub, Buy a whole chicken and disjoint it and study the distribution of fat. CW's recipe calls for 4.5 pounds of breast and 4.5 pounds of leg. The legs are quite fat and so also is the skin on the legs. I believe that if you chose to use only boneless,skinless breast meat then increasing the fat with pork to 20% is appropiate. I hope that this helps.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Jakub

Post by Jakub » Sat Jan 05, 2013 22:25

ssorllih wrote:Jakub, Buy a whole chicken and disjoint it and study the distribution of fat. CW's recipe calls for 4.5 pounds of breast and 4.5 pounds of leg. The legs are quite fat and so also is the skin on the legs. I believe that if you chose to use only boneless,skinless breast meat then increasing the fat with pork to 20% is appropiate. I hope that this helps.
That makes sense thanks!
Jakub

Post by Jakub » Sat Jan 05, 2013 22:35

two_MN_kids wrote:For this recipe, I was working with a "newbie" and he didn`t want to mess with natural casings. So I pulled out some standby 32mm collagen casings.
Man, what was your buddy thinking? I'm a total noob and would love to have a teacher helping me out. I've got some natural casings but have never used them, only collagen. I would so jump on the opportunity to have someone experienced helping me the first time using them.