What kind of device?

Maxell

What kind of device?

Post by Maxell » Fri Jul 19, 2013 14:45

What kind of device? :D

Very useful.
Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Fri Jul 19, 2013 14:55

Casing applicator.
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."
Cabonaia
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Cabonaia » Fri Jul 19, 2013 21:48

I would be willing to try sheep casings One More Time if I had one of those. Who sells em?
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 07:41

Say, isn't that a "DuckO" attitude adjuster? I think you just chuck it in your half-inch drill and turn it on slow speed. If you stand immediately behind an ornery, cranky, fellow who is cursing his grinder, you can effect a complete attitude change within seconds. :shock:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Jul 20, 2013 14:13

unclebuck wrote:Casing applicator.
So that would help in loading the casing on to the stuffing tube? Haven't tried any sheep casings yet, think they are kind of pricy just to end up with a smaller sausage. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Sat Jul 20, 2013 16:07

You thread the casing onto the applicator, put it over the well lubricated nozzle, and slide the casing on. Simple as ever. My cousin is in the business and swears by it. It saves having "holy" casings where the meat blend will be oozing out, or worse yet, the casings completely opening up.
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Sat Jul 20, 2013 17:40

Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 19:59

Hi,
I probably will be making one or more of these little devices, it looks to me if they are made
from 3, 4 or 5 mm round stainless rod, welded on one end. Easy as chips!!!!! and a great help.
Cheers,
Jan.
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Sat Jul 20, 2013 23:23

Is there a prize for knowing what the device is? :grin:
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Sun Jul 21, 2013 09:49

Well, probably. :D
Length 19 cm, and thickness of the stainless steel wire of 3 mm.
maxell11@wp.pl
oneills
User
User

Post by oneills » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:10

crustyo44 wrote:Hi,
I probably will be making one or more of these little devices, it looks to me if they are made
from 3, 4 or 5 mm round stainless rod, welded on one end. Easy as chips!!!!! and a great help.
Cheers,
Jan.
Hi Jan.
If you decide to make more, send one my way. Prefer natural casings over collagen ones.

Cheers
Misty Springs Free Range Pigs
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 21:14

No worries, I will check out what I can find in 3 mm 316 SS left overs and find the time to weld it all together. I'll message you. Luckily it will fit in a std envelope.
In the meantime, a good cheap plastic substitute is a small TURKEY BASTER TUBE only.
Works great.
Cheers,
Jan.
pikeman_95
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pikeman_95 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 23:19

I have never seen one of these things and they don't look like they would be much to make. If you do not have a chance to get on of these, I have a little trick that helps get the casings on the stuffer tube. Get the casing started on the stuffer tube and then push about 3/4 inch of meat out of the end of the tube and start loading the casings on the tube. The meat opens the casing before it hits the edges of the tube. You then use a paper towel in you hand to get some traction on the slippery casing. Here is a video of the process.

http://s943.photobucket.com/user/pikema ... S.mp4.html
KC
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jul 22, 2013 08:08

Unclebuck wrote:
Sure there is Buckster! And here it is: Hurrah! Hoooooray! And Yeeee Hawwww!
You have just won a season ticket for swimming in the Great Salt Lake. Shucks pal, this also includes launching your own kayak or canoe from any shore in Utah County. And, my goodness, this wonderful package includes keeping all the "brine shrimp and salt" you can collect"! Yup, and fish all you want for the great Yoo Taw Tune Ah fish! But, watch out for sunburn pard! It can really screw up your cowboy "complexicon".

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Tue Jul 23, 2013 01:01

Chuckwagon wrote:Unclebuck wrote:
Sure there is Buckster! And here it is: Hurrah! Hoooooray! And Yeeee Hawwww!
You have just won a season ticket for swimming in the Great Salt Lake. Shucks pal, this also includes launching your own kayak or canoe from any shore in Utah County. And, my goodness, this wonderful package includes keeping all the "brine shrimp and salt" you can collect"! Yup, and fish all you want for the great Yoo Taw Tune Ah fish! But, watch out for sunburn pard! It can really screw up your cowboy "complexicon".

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Thank God that this would be the prize!!! I was worried that it might be a season's ticket to the Colorado Avalanche, or a front row seat admission to a Utah religious institution!!!!