Chevaps

Ant
Beginner
Beginner

Chevaps

Post by Ant » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:21

Hi all, just came across this site and pretty impressed.

Since there is no intro thread ill be brief. I'm a mad charcoal (Mallee Root) cooker and haven't cooked on gas for about 6 years now. I'm a Aussie but marriaged to an Argentinian and was taught to cook by a great m8 that's a Greek.

I'm looking for a traditional chevaps recipe. I've googled a few but tastes nothing like the ones I have when camping with Yugoslavs. Anyone know a good "Mamas" recipe?

Cheers
Ant
If it's not cooked on charcoal - Forgedaboudit
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Mar 09, 2015 15:58

Hello Ant, we are happy that you joined us. Always glad to have another Aussie climb aboard. While I have never made chevaps or cevapcici, we had some once for dinner when visiting Split a few years ago. With the barbecue season coming up I think I will also give it ago.

I know that there are many cevapcici recipes out there and maybe someone will pipe in here with "mama's'" version.
Ant
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Ant » Mon Mar 09, 2015 21:39

redzed wrote:Hello Ant, we are happy that you joined us. Always glad to have another Aussie climb aboard. While I have never made chevaps or cevapcici, we had some once for dinner when visiting Split a few years ago. With the barbecue season coming up I think I will also give it ago.

I know that there are many cevapcici recipes out there and maybe someone will pipe in here with "mama's'" version.
Thanks for your reply redzed.

I could ask the people I camp with but its not fun for the others to cook their own recipe :) Nothing's better than sitting around a campfire, cooking up a feed and having others amazed in what you cooked!
If it's not cooked on charcoal - Forgedaboudit
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 07:43

Hi Ant,
Welcome to the Forum. Aussies and Kiwi's have a special section in Hyde Park where there is a list of suppliers who are willing to supply us hobbyists at very reasonable prices.
We need to give them our support otherwise some might close the door on us.
Post some foto's and all other relevant information to our hobby.
Good Luck Mate,
Jan. Brisbane.