Kiełbasa Lisiecka

Siara
Frequent User
Frequent User

Kiełbasa Lisiecka

Post by Siara » Thu Feb 24, 2011 08:35

Soon to come, "Queen" of polish sausages. :wink:
Last edited by Siara on Wed Oct 15, 2014 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile"
Pozdrawiam
Siara
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 09:05

Hi Siara,
What is the "Queen" of Polish Sausages. Man o' man, that stuff looks teriffic. It looks like it is tasty-tasty! Are you going to give up your secrets? :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Siara
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Siara » Fri Feb 25, 2011 03:49

Chuckwagon wrote:Are you going to give up your secrets?
Not all, but some :wink:
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile"
Pozdrawiam
Siara
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 05:24

Oh sure, Siara!
podaj przepis Jacka Wosia - Ligawy, gdyż jest on najbliższy oryginałowi
That sounds just like what my wife yelled at me after I burned the gravy the other day! :lol:

Thanks for the translation. By the way how is our ol buddy (Maxell) Miroslaw (Mirek) Gebarowski doing? I wish I spoke Polish. Will you give him our best regards? :wink: Thank you.
And wish him a happy 1 year birthday today too! :mrgreen:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Fri Feb 25, 2011 09:19

Thanks To A Chuckwagon. :grin:
Slowly I is English and I think that soon I'll be writing the better. :roll:
Now helps me Siara and You. :grin:
I greet all speak English.
Maxell
Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 09:08

Siara ol' man,
You wrote:
Soon to come, "Queen" of polish sausages.
Lisiecka

What will it take to drag this recipe out of your notebook? :roll: Just look at my poor tongue hanging out of my mouth :razz:

I'll trade you Steelchef for your Lisiecka recipe! Shucks, you can keep him as long as you would like to. :shock: How about it? :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Oct 15, 2014 17:59

Since there already was thread started on the subject of Kiełbasa Lisiecka, I thought it would be best to provide the recipe here, rather than starting a new one.

Kiełbasa Lisiecka is a legendary high end sausage. It is a very lean with only 15% or less fat content and is nearly as well known as kabanosy, krakowska and polska. A relatively new sausage, it originated during the inter war period and was produced in the village of Liszki, in the Kraków region. In 2010 the sausage received the Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) from the European Union. PGI is intended to guarantee the authenticity of the ingredients and process of making the sausage. When Prince Charles and Camilla visited Krakow, they were served this kiełbasa, and it was a favourite of Pope John Paul II.

I had made this sausage before but deviated from the strict recipe so could not call it Lisiecka. This time I used the exact ingredients, proportions and production process. I used 40mm collagen rounds from the Sausagemaker, which are permitted.

Meats
Class I pork: lean meat from ham and loin, no fat or sinew 800g
Class II pork: Fatty pork, no sinew 100g
Class III pork: lean meat from hocks 100g

Ingredients

salt 18g
Cure # 1 2g
sugar 1g
pepper 2g
fresh garlic 2.5g
nutmeg .6g
ice cold water 40ml.
natural or synthetic casings, 40-50mm

Instructions
1. Cube meat, keeping the three classes separate, add salt, Cure #1 and dry cure in refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
2. Grind Class I meat with a 20mm or 30mm plate and Class II meat through a 8mm.
3. Grind Class III meat with a 3mm plate once and then emulsify, stirring in the iced water and the rest of the ingredients.
4. Combine all of the meats and mix thoroughly. Stuff tightly into casings, forming into rings.
5. Dry/set the sausage for 2-3 hours.
6. Preheat smoker to 80-90C (175-195F), allow it to cool to 60C (140). Load sausage and dry in smoker for 30 minutes. Keeping the temperature at 55C (131F), apply heavy smoke for 90 minutes. Increase heat to 80-90C (175-195) maintaining it for 40-60 minutes to finish the sausage. Acceptable woods are beech or alder.
7. Cool sausage to 18C (64F)

Rick
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Rick » Wed Oct 15, 2014 19:21

Redzed, Class II pork, does pork butt fit this category?
Baconologist
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Baconologist » Wed Oct 15, 2014 23:05

Great job with the sausage, Chris, it looks very professional. :smile:
Godspeed!

Bob
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Oct 16, 2014 03:08

Rick wrote:Redzed, Class II pork, does pork butt fit this category?
Rick, take a peek here:
http://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage ... on/classes

The butt portion contains all classes of meat. It all all depends how you cut and trim it. For this particular sausage using Class II pork from the shoulder is acceptable. But you cannot use Class I meat from the shoulder, it has to be from the hind leg or loin.

Hopefully the instructional videos that Maxell promised us will be ready soon. There will be a large segment on the Polish meat classification system. I normally don't fervently classify my meats, but in this case I wanted to make an authentic sausage, so I followed all the rules. (Something that is not always easy for an old rebel like me :lol: )
Rick
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Rick » Thu Oct 16, 2014 16:41

Thanks Redzed, I'm not so much on being a purist as I am looking for flavor.

As for video's, where would we look for them, You Tube? When are they due out and what is the subject matter?

In English I hope!
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Oct 16, 2014 17:36

Rick wrote:Thanks Redzed, I'm not so much on being a purist as I am looking for flavor.

As for video's, where would we look for them, You Tube? When are they due out and what is the subject matter?

In English I hope!
From what I understand, the videos have been completed and are in the editing stages. The Polish version is not yet available so I think that the English one might take a while longer. And I still have not heard whether they will have English sub titles or dialogue.

http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.ph ... ght=videos