Bodacious Burgers

NorCal Kid
Passionate
Passionate

Post by NorCal Kid » Tue Sep 18, 2012 17:53

BIG Burger fan here, as well as the rest of the family.
I tend to make HUGE patties that dwarf the buns; cooked with a good outer crust and slight pink in the middle. usually ground chuck seasoned only with kosher salt & fresh, coarse-ground black tellicherry pepper. that's it.

Although this recipe looks more 'meat-loaf'-like :wink: or "processed" than the burger "purist" in me prefers, but I am intrigued and willing to give it a try.

Kevin

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8
IdaKraut
Passionate
Passionate

Post by IdaKraut » Tue Sep 18, 2012 23:20

Kevin,

This recipe does NOT have the beefy flavor of ground chuck. You may want to use all beef or possibly add some beef flavoring.
Rudy
Baconologist
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Baconologist » Tue Sep 18, 2012 23:40

NorCal Kid wrote:BIG Burger fan here, as well as the rest of the family.
I tend to make HUGE patties that dwarf the buns; cooked with a good outer crust and slight pink in the middle. usually ground chuck seasoned only with kosher salt & fresh, coarse-ground black tellicherry pepper. that's it.

Although this recipe looks more 'meat-loaf'-like :wink: or "processed" than the burger "purist" in me prefers, but I am intrigued and willing to give it a try.

Kevin

Now that's a REAL hamburger!!!!
I love them with just salt and pepper too!!!
Good beef doesn't need anything else!
Godspeed!

Bob
w1sby
Beginner
Beginner

Post by w1sby » Wed Sep 19, 2012 01:56

The last burgers I made were made with 2lbs ground chuck roast, 2lbs ground pork loin, and 2lbs ground lamb. Only the lamb was prepackaged. I used some spices etc. So juicy, and so tasty.

This by the way is the same mix I use for meatloaf, just different spices, and filler.

73 de Allen, W1SBY
Marlon5

spicy burgers

Post by Marlon5 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 15:03

I have a wanting to create a delicious hamburger this evening for meal and would like to know any excellent dishes. I have used some sweet peppers but i want to known some others kind of delicious recipes of hum burgers. if you know please tell me.thanks..
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: spicy burgers

Post by snagman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 01:12

Marlon5 wrote:I have a wanting to create a delicious hamburger this evening for meal and would like to know any excellent dishes. I have used some sweet peppers but i want to known some others kind of delicious recipes of hum burgers. if you know please tell me.thanks..
Adding flavours like Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, fresh garlic and a little marjoram will lift a burger to new heights Marlon5, of course plenty of bacon, caramelised onion.
Now I am hungry....
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Oct 18, 2012 02:06

Stan Marianski states early in his book Quality Production of meats and sausage that any sausage recipe not stuffed but made as a patty and fried can be a sandwich burger. I have tried this and it can be used as a starting point for making new and different burgers.
Ross- tightwad home cook