Sharing a birthday card.

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Sharing a birthday card.

Post by ssorllih » Tue Oct 02, 2012 00:44

Chuckwagon
To: ssorllih
Posted: Today 17:52
Subject: Happy Birthday!
Hi Ross, and Happy Birthday! We thought you`d like to know what`s happening here. Some of the guys here got together and decided that we'd all chip in on a new red Corvette just for you on your birthday. Well, all we could come up with is $3.87 so we took the Corvette anyway. It was 3:30 A.M. and the dealership was locked, but I know they`ll understand because we just hot-wired the screamin` machine and left an "I.O.U" with your signature on it. There were several hundred dollars in the cash register so we borrowed that too... but we remembered to put it on your "I.O.U." note. You ought to see how well I copied and wrote your signature! Wow, that dealership was really accommodating.

Next, we all took a little test ride in your new "vette" down to Kelsey`s Pub and after about 5 or 6 "toasts" to you, we decided to drive past the police station for a little fun. Well, I guess we got a little carried away because with the top down, we all "mooned" six cops as we drove past their building. Wow, those "boys in blue" don`t have much of a sense of humor!

Anyway, the five of us are just leaving the jail but I'm afraid your new car got totaled in what they called a "high speed chase"! Sorry about that. We told the bail bondsman to just send the bill to you because it was entirely your fault in the first place... for having a birthday! Oh, and yes... there's no need for you to come and bail us out because the judge who fined us was happy with your check... you know... the one we forged with your signature on the bottom. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that your buds are all thinking about you just before your birthday. Great pals eh? We hope you are barbecuing some great ribs in hickory smoke for your birthday because we`ll probably show up staggering with some "babes". We`ve just got to make sure you are careful lighting all those candles on your cake this year as you could start a real conflagration. The Fire Department would not be happy with you. Hey, good friends like us are hard to find eh? Happy Birthday ol' pal!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Ross- tightwad home cook
HamnCheese
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by HamnCheese » Tue Oct 02, 2012 01:40

Happy Birthday, Ross. I'm sure that CW has sent you a private message about the other "entertainment" charges that might show up on your statement. Something about lap belts, I think.

Anyway, hope you had a good one!

Lynn
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Stanislaw Lec
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Tue Oct 02, 2012 01:56

Happy birthday from me too Ross.
I'd know our leader must have wrote it, who else could have ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Oct 02, 2012 02:04

How do I explain the bills to Nancy?
Ross- tightwad home cook
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 02:21

How do I explain the bills to Nancy?
Ross

Dont tell her! Just look the other way and say I know nothing about a red vette..

By the way when can we send the ol sausage muncher "CW" a birthday card?

Happy b-day Ross :razz:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Oct 02, 2012 02:44

birthday: 02 Dec 1947 ;-) :cool:
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Tue Oct 02, 2012 20:42

ssorllih wrote:birthday: 02 Dec 1947 ;-) :cool:
A mere yougster (if we are to believe it). :mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Cabonaia
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Cabonaia » Tue Oct 02, 2012 23:56

Happy Birthday sir!

Just show Nancy the birthday card from CW, then invite him over for dinner.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Oct 02, 2012 23:57

After all that we would have to drink I would have to walk him home. :lol: :shock:
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 07:18

Huh? Who? Me? What.... where... Did someone say they were going to DRAG me home? :mrgreen:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Oct 03, 2012 18:30

Happy B-Day, and many more to come! RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Oct 03, 2012 19:41

Thanks , guys.
Ross- tightwad home cook