Australian And New Zealand Resources Discusion

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Australian And New Zealand Resources Discusion

Post by snagman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 06:45

Topic was split
Discussion on putting the list together, and misc. items

Jan,
Here is some of my sources for the listings;

Redback Trading - casings, cures
MistyGully - smokers, dust, spices, ingredients ( found them to be expensive )
Butcher At Home casings, equipment ( good supplier, limited range for the home diy er )

Gus
Last edited by snagman on Thu Jan 21, 2016 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Suppliers

Post by snagman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 07:05

Forgot this one -

Urban Griller - Perth. Great for pellets and equipment
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

Australian Resources Corner

Post by ursula » Sat Oct 06, 2012 08:50

I bought my first casings from the Casings Boutique. They advertise also on Ebay. Not sure how the prices compare, but I was pretty happy as a starting point.
And of course Sydney Supply is great for fantastic quality sausage stuffers and slicing machines. A bit expensive, but high quality.
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

australian resources corner

Post by ursula » Sat Oct 06, 2012 08:59

Here's another one:www.huondistributors.com.au

This is located in Wodonga and presently only sells in person, but is intending to be available for online sales inb four to six weeks. Not sure of their pricing, but they have both equipment and ingredients/casings.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 06:37

Hi Members,
In Brisbane are the following suppliers I have used.
Vadals. Tingalpa. Ph. 07-3907-7877 email them: info@vadals.com.au. Caters to the trade but does supply enthusiasts like us. Their stock is extensive.

Denco Trading P/L. Heatwood. Ph. 07-3714-9600 www.denco.com.au. Again a trade supplier, carries extensive stocks. The owner Richard Codd has become a friend of mine. Prices, service and advise is unbelieveable.

Master Butchers Coop. Adelaide. Ph.08-8262-8637. 1800-626-649 www.mblsa.com.au
Again trade suppliers but are happy to supply charcuterie enthusiasts with smaller quantities available.
Does carry stocks of certain Hansen cultures, reasonably prices as well.
My experience with them is 110%.

Green Living Australia. Underwood. Brisbane. Does carry stocks of Sacco salami cultures, cures etc
Ph.07-3133-1673 www.greenlivingaustralia.com.au Good advise!!
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 06:45

I forgot to mention: Bake & Brew in Adelaide. They carry a fairly extensive range of what we need in sausagemaking.

A Melbourne sausagemaking site "Greg and Pete's Sausage Site" I enjoyed the info very much.
Family recipes are my favourite. www.sausagecraft.info Polish sausage recipes.
spud
User
User

Australian Resources Corner

Post by spud » Fri Oct 12, 2012 04:38

Hi to U all, we maybe small in numbers at the moment but times are changing.
What a great thought you had when you started this one, bloody great crustyo44

Dont have a lot to contrubute at this time as not in Sausage / Smoking mode, Boss has me digging holes and home renovating but I'm never far away from Forum.

I have been importing stuff from USA over the years and its expensive, I was in experimentation mode then so the cost was never thought about seriously. All changed now as we are nearing the end of working life and cents are like dollars were 2 yrs ago :lol:

Keep up the great work, I will help where I can, I troll over all the sites mentioned above and sometime cry at prices we have to pay..

Cheers Spud
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 05:53

Graham you ol' salty dog! How are you sir? It sure is good to hear from you. We've missed your wit and wisdom. Don't be a stranger.
For those who don't know SPUD, he is one of the original members of this site. He's member number 21. Spud and I went to different schools together. :roll:
Hope you are well pal!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
spud
User
User

Post by spud » Thu Oct 18, 2012 06:15

Hi there Chuckwagon,
Yep we have been away overseas and presently doing landscaping etc so as to get Boss Cocky off my back, then its free time for me until the next project comes along.

BUT we are still alive and kicking.

Gezz forgot I was 21,,, dont I wish :lol:

Cheers Spud.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 20:26

Hi Spud,
Every bit of info you know of is important to our Ozzie section. I have a Dutch friend in Perth who is experimenting with the conversion of a wine cooler into a curing chamber. He used to make lots of cured and dried charcuterie when he was living in NZ and Tasmania.
Where are you exactly living in Perth. You two ought to get together and exchange ideas and put the results on the forum.
Regards,
Jan.
Pete
User
User

Post by Pete » Sat Oct 27, 2012 09:11

Good idea Jan, I have dealt with "BUTCHER AT HOME" (EAM SALES) in QLD, excellent to deal with and I like their premixes.

I thought freight to VIC. was quite reasonable when I last ordered (2011) .

http://www.butcherathome.com.au/
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 09:37

Mr Chuckwagon,
I just noticed that you have been busy in our very small Recources Corner by listing suppliers, email addresses, phone numbers and websites first up. Congratulations for your efforts.
It is appreciated by all.
A very big THANK YOU.
Best Regards,
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:56

You are most welcome my friend. Keep the info coming and I will organize it in alfalfa-you-bet-ical-order. :wink:
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Tue Aug 13, 2013 23:39, edited 2 times in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:31

Fellow Chuckwagon, performs on this forum very good work we appreciate it and thank you very much. :grin:
Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
sads

Perth Resources

Post by sads » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:33

Master Butchers in Canning Vale, Western Australia is another that should go on the list. They are different to the MBL in Adelaide.
http://www.mbl.com.au/
Full range of goodies in a massive store. Supply most of Perth's retail butchers with all their needs. They do freeze their casings though which everyone else claims is a no no.

Not really a supplier, but Elmars Smallgoods make wonderful and various bratwursts for anyone looking to buy the end product. As well as sausages and meats, they also sell a lot of German condiments. (Additionally they have a Micro Brewery in the Swan Valley with a German menu)
http://www.elmars.com.au/Smallgoods/Locations.aspx