Humidity Meter, what to buy?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Tom J
Beginner
Beginner

Humidity Meter, what to buy?

Post by Tom J » Mon Nov 12, 2012 19:33

I have never used A humidity meter (RH) before and want to put trail and error behind me.

Also I live in A very dry climate (and with my small LP smoker I want to start using) I'am thinking a probe style would be best.

Any and all information will be of help.

Thank You

Tom J
El Paso, TexasImage [/code][/list]
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 22:11

Hello Tom, welcome to the forum. Can you better explain what you will be using this hygrometer for? You can buy a hygrometer with a sensor, but I have never seen one with a probe, since the purpose is to measure the relative humidity in the air. If you are intending to use it in your smoker, I have seen some dual thermometer/hygrometers, that you mount with a five inch sensor. It is almost impossible to buy one that is accurate, and the best choice is one that you can calibrate yourself. About a month ago I went out and bought five hydrometers and all five gave different readings, with a variance of as much as 10%. I performed a simple calibration test on all of them and kept the one that was the closest.
Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Devo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:41

With out really knowing what you want to do with it, for us to recommend anything is pretty hard but with that said here is a really good deal on this.

The C.A.P. AIR-2 has the same features as the AIR-1 with the exception of separate temperature and humidity outlets. This allows you to control the temperature and humidity independently.

Once you have connected your temperature control device (air conditioner, fan, etc.) and a dehumidifier to the controller, your desired temperature and humidity are automatically maintained.

Rated for 15 amps @ 120 volts. Includes a 5-year manufacturer's no hassle warranty. Made in the USA.

Unique Features:
Lowers temperature and humidity by turning on an exhaust fan or AC unit
Humidity is controlled independently of temperature
Indicator lights verify that equipment is operating
Includes 2 outlets to connect a cooling device (fan or AC) and a dehumidifier
External temperature probe is accurate & reliable

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/1298 ... ontrol-new