Pineapple Sausage Failure #2

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Pete
User
User

Post by Pete » Sat Dec 08, 2012 07:03

Sawhorseray, noticed your interest in pineapple sausage, just noticed this fresh sausage seasoning here at Misty Gully (Suppliers) in Aus.

"NEW Chilli & Pineapple Sausage/Burger Seasoning AUD$5.99 "

http://www.mistygully.com.au/catalog/pr ... cts_id=394

Not sure as to how it could be smoked but it may be a start in answering your pineapple addiction :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
huckelberry
User
User

pineapple pizza

Post by huckelberry » Sat Dec 08, 2012 16:52

I guess that would be me :wink:
Pineapple on pizza with Canadian bacon... MMMmmmm mmmmm! Who don't love it? They can't be rigbt in the head. :shock:
Don't take life to seriously.
You're not getting out of it alive!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Dec 09, 2012 07:34

What? Huckleberry, you've been at sea too long.
Pineapple on pizza? Did you run the 50 yard dash in a 49 yard gymnasium? :roll:
Yechh! EEEeeewww! That's like ketchup on vanilla ice cream.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
huckelberry
User
User

pineapple

Post by huckelberry » Sun Dec 09, 2012 08:27

WHAT? YOU MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE KETCHUP ON ICECREAM!
I thought just about everyone would swim through a pool full of lemon juice and broken glass for a bowl of ketchup and icecream. :shock: :shock:
Don't take life to seriously.
You're not getting out of it alive!
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Dec 09, 2012 15:17

Pizza is just an open face grilled sandwich so grilled ham n cheese with a touch of pineapple would work.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:14

Yikes! It's a conspiracy! :lol:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Mon Dec 10, 2012 18:07

Bwahahaha! Indeed it IS a conspiracy.
Dust the ham and pineapple with a little cayenne or red pepper flakes, just like you would a pizza.
Whataya mean, you don't use red pepper flakes on yer pizza? :?: What is this, some kinda conspiracy? :?:
Oh, yeah- - guess it is. That's circular logic for you. ...a bit out-of-round, but...
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Dec 11, 2012 16:13

Pete wrote: Not sure as to how it could be smoked but it may be a start in answering your pineapple addiction :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It was more of a quest than a addiction. I buy pineapples for 99≠ each, let them ripen on the counter for a week, and then slice and dehydrate them. The fact that I never really eat any of the dehydrated pineapple caused me to think that it might be a nice additive to sausage. There's a sausage making company out of San Francisco (my birthplace) called Evergood that produces and markets their own pineapple sausage, looks like a Oscar Mayer hotdog. I'm all over it now!

I've been stocking up on porkbutt at 99≠lb, about 65lbs so far and I'm going back today for more, last day of the sale. Yesterday I pounded out 25 pounds of Italian sausage using PS Seasonings #260 Italian spice mixture and a bottle of cold cabernet, stuff comes out great every time. Up at 4am this morning and preheated my smoker, I've had a 14.5lb turkey brining in CW's amazing 7-up sauce since Sunday after geezing it with my injector needle. Still not able to post pictures yet as the new laptop hasn't been configured to specs and my wife is still involved trying to close a massive international deal before the old laptop dies on us.

Lunch today will be fresh Italian sausage soaked in boiled beer and onions and then grilled over coals on the weber. I'll drain the onions and sautee them before cooking the sausage, slap everything on a toasted french roll with some hearty mustard and a ice cold bottle of Rolling Rock. Life is good! RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”