DIY cold smoke generator.

Richard Rowny
Beginner
Beginner

DIY cold smoke generator.

Post by Richard Rowny » Sun Apr 14, 2013 02:50

I made this years ago and it has served me well. If I am doing a hot smoke, I use it too because I don't have to open the smoker door to add chips.

See....I like this because I don't have to buy chips, pellets or saw dust. My friend's garden shreader does my fruit tree prunings. We just did 200 pounds of apple, cherry and plum.

You need a hot plate and a pressure cooker with a few plumbing fittings, fiberglass rope gasket, gasket cement/glue, an aquarium pump and you are done.

The thing to remember is: As soon as you are done smoking, crack the lid or creosote may bind the lid shut. Watch where you put it because the sudden rush of air has a nasty way of flailing embers into flames. You shouldn't have to compleately remove the lid.

This is my 5th smoker after a lifetime of smoking. I've burnt wood, gas and electric. I now use a Masterbuilt analog with a 1500 watt element. I remove the drain pan and use the drain hole for the smoke port. This unit is the best I have ever had and it is a pleasure to use.

Well I would have images for you but this system is foreign to me and I find that I cannot. Oh well! I am sorry I wasted your time and space.
Dzukija, Vilnius & Podsadzie, Lebedziewo
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Apr 14, 2013 03:50

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum.

Can you post some pics of this cold smoke generator? Visuals are necessary for an old techno-peasant like myself.

And what the heck is Dzukija-Podsadzie? A secret society of smoke generator operators? :smile:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Apr 14, 2013 04:46

Richard , your post is interesting but I suspect that you left something out that meybe essential to the complete post.
I think that i am glad you are here. Do you think faster than you type?
Ross- tightwad home cook
Richard Rowny
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Richard Rowny » Sun Apr 14, 2013 14:53

To respond to both at the same time:

My signature is not a "secret society". It indicates my ancestral home. A Pole would know this.

The last sentence in my initial post, states that I am unfamiliar with your system for posting images; for which I apologized. I tried several ways without success.

YES, I do think faster than I type BUT such is not the case with the post in question.

I am not computer literate. If you were to have guided me through your image protocol, you would be viewing that which I had intended you to view.

The ball is in your court or should I say, the kielbasa is on your table? Your move!
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Apr 14, 2013 19:42

Posting pictures on this forum is very easy if you use photobucket. http://s1112.photobucket.com/ You load your pictures onto your computer and photobucket will upload the pictures you choose and from there you can copy the IMG code and paste it in your message.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Richard Rowny
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Richard Rowny » Mon Apr 15, 2013 00:51

Dziekuje panie!
Richard Rowny
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Richard Rowny » Mon Apr 15, 2013 01:11

Photobucket was a nice suggestion and I uploaded every image into it but it seems that I cannot draw from it here. This site has: Fotosik.pl and imageshack.us as choices.
Walleye1
User
User

Post by Walleye1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 01:26

Richard Rowny

Once you have the pictures on PhotoBucket you go to your library and put your mouse over the piture you want. You will see a gear appear in the top right corner. You click on it and select "Get Links". Once this page appears you click on the img code, usually the third one down. It will say "Copied" once you do that. It means it's copied to your clip board. Then you simply "Paste" it in you post.

Here's a link to a good write up on it...
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showth ... 68#post768

Mike
Richard Rowny
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Richard Rowny » Mon Apr 15, 2013 01:39

So I have to bounce back and forth, one image at a time from bucket to site and back to bucket and then to site? Eh?
Walleye1
User
User

Post by Walleye1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 01:45

Yup, "Eh!", :mrgreen: you got it. Just open up another tab and you can flip back and forth.

Mike
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Apr 15, 2013 02:12

Fifty years ago it was easy. We took pictures, then rewound the film took it in for processing and printing and then sorted through the prints and put the four best in an envelope and addressed it afixed postage and sent it by US Mail and after about three weeks you could look at the pictures. Today you have to take the pictures, attach a cable to the camera, decide which buttons to push, change channels, push more buttons, and finally after about twenty minutes somebody half way around the world can finally look at the pictures. It really is an inconvenient process. :shock: :lol:
Ross- tightwad home cook
Richard Rowny
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Richard Rowny » Mon Apr 15, 2013 13:04

Richard Rowny
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Richard Rowny » Mon Apr 15, 2013 13:07

Richard Rowny