Refuse Corner & Debris Receptacle

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

One Way Cruise on the Carnival Titanic

Post by el Ducko » Sat Feb 23, 2013 15:49

Waterbo...[---message deleted. Sorry I even brought it up.---]

(...with apologies to Carnival Cruise Lines, which really IS a great cruise line.)
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 16:07

I concur with the others. This thread should be closed and deleted. It serves absolutely no purpose on this site. We have all read it and expressed our condemnation of the idiot who started this nonsense. Let's get back to our grinders and stuffers!
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Feb 23, 2013 18:08

I concur with the rest of the folks, dump it. But first, it kind of reminds me of a joke!

As the townfolk were gathered around Mary Magdelene and getting all ready to give her a good stoning, Jesus happened upon the crowd. He said in a strong voice for all to hear, "let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone". Just then a large rock whistled thru the crowd striking Mary Magdelene in the temple, killing her instantly. Jesus turned and said," you know mom, some days you really piss me off!".
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:37

Okay folks. I've put this post in the trash can as you've advised. Thank you all for your outstanding support. It is quite overwhelming to say the least. I've learned a great lesson about people this past week, and I am grateful for the friends I've made here.
Our new member Waterbo has not bothered to check in again... isn't that the true mark of a coward? (I am able to view all sorts of things as a moderator). So, he has not seen your remarks directed toward him. His email is: bowater@yahoo.com for anyone wishing to contact him. Otherwise, it is probably the best to put all this to rest, otherwise we may risk falling as low as he himself has done.

Hurrah for Wedliny Domowe - the best folks in the world! :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Big Guy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 13:15

can I get an Amhen from the brothers. :mrgreen:
Col. Big Guy
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Sun Feb 24, 2013 13:30

el Ducko wrote:(...with apologies to Carnival Cruise Lines, which really IS a great cruise line.)
There's a free cruise going on a Liner at the moment, it might still be in the Mobile, AL port. If you hurry, you can board before it heads out again. :D
Chuckwagon wrote:Our new member Waterbo has not bothered to check in again... isn't that the true mark of a coward?
Chuckwagon wrote:it is probably the best to put all this to rest, otherwise we may risk falling as low as he himself has done.
Amen to that!

We all share a common ground on a hobby that we enjoy!

I'm working on some Droewors today (South African dried sausage), will post on that later in the week.
Ron
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Feb 24, 2013 14:49

Gone and just as well forgotten.
Ross- tightwad home cook
jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 17:08

Its for the best that the thread was deleted! I just want to add that However badly I want to shoot him an e-mail to express my displeasure with this idiot, Its just not worth the time or effort! I would instead prefer to spend my time expanding my knowledge in the art of making a quality sausage, which I believe this site is all about thanks to the efforts of our moderator and the members.

Thanks for all your hardwork and advice,
John
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Sun Feb 24, 2013 18:19

Cowboys raised by Cowboys have there own brand of justice. I have been privileged to be around them in my life time. I really do agree with there way of thinking. So there is more to the story, but who cares. Most of my Hero's have been Cowboys and Barry you sure are one of them.
As Christ Himself put it:
"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven." -Luke 6:37 (NLT)
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Sat Apr 27, 2013 19:25

Hello Doug,

I have 1 minute, and I have to run.
When I was a little boy in Hungary, we had a very big Mangalitza, it was around 400 kg. (880 lb. or so.)
At that time lard was one of the most important, it had to last a hole year.
We called it mangalica.

http://www.kyodo-inc.co.jp/english/food ... alica.html
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
Doug
User
User

Post by Doug » Sat Apr 27, 2013 20:15

Hello Gulyas,

A 400 Kilo Mangalica? That is my dream. That is what I wanted to do - raise a Mangalica pig to that size and have a huge BBQ. and lots of Charcuterie material. :grin:
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Sat Apr 27, 2013 22:21

Yes Doug, You have the best idea. When You have one of those, no need to buy extra fat.
Here is another big one. I think I have a picture somewhere too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Black_(pig)
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Sun Apr 28, 2013 00:54

Doug wrote:Bubba has offered to post the recipe for me. I will post the original page from the original recipe book. I personally knew the contributor of this
recipe. As soon as I get someone in my family to show me how to send this page to Bubba you will have it. - Tomorrow my family will be coming over for one of my grand daughters birthday party and that will be an opportune time to do it.
Hi Doug,

Whenever you are ready and your family can help you with the attachment, e-mail it to me and I will gladly help to post for you. :grin:
Ron
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 09:23

Hi Doug,
The Central Pacific Railroad faced an overwhelming dilemma in 1866 - how to traverse the Sierra Madres while constructing a rail bed across a mere 100-mile girth having an incline of 7,000 feet! Manpower was in short supply and the company needed an army of physically fit giants to lift rails and swing sledgehammers! What about hiring Chinese Americans to do the job? Probably not a good idea, officials concluded, as the average Chinese man was only 4`10" tall and barely 120 pounds wearin` wet boots. Doubting the ability of the men they referred to as "Johnnies", company administrators however, hired a few. Much to their surprise, the Chinese men worked incredibly well... and hard! Adapting quickly to the work, they displayed ability second to none, quickly alleviating all fears of the company executives. By "end of track" in 1869, the remaining crews of Central Pacific workers were almost entirely Chinese.

Chinese immigrants labored under arduous and dangerous conditions, being unfairly compensated with less pay than their white equals. White workers were paid a monthly salary of $35.00 including food and shelter. Chinese immigrants received less salary (about $26-35) while providing their own food and tents. Often dangling over the sides of cliffs suspended only by a rope, Chinese used dynamite and hand tools to inch their way through the Sierras at great personal risk while enduring extreme cold in the mountains and intense heat in the desert. Much of the public was convinced the undertaking was unattainable, yet the Chinese persisted...until April 28th, 1869 - the day eight Central Pacific Chinese rail carriers put down 3,520 rails during their final shift, completing the final ten miles of track. Incredibly, each rail carrier handled 2,500 ties weighing a quarter million pounds! The men received the "distinction" of laying the last rail as company officials granted this small token of esteem. Unfortunately, the completion of the transcontinental railroad brought only further prejudice and discrimination. The prejudice continually worsened until our country`s reputation for fair immigration practices became stained by its racist exclusion policies towards the Chinese by passing the "Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882". The new law prohibited the immigration of all Chinese people, and renewed and lasting over 60 years, it remains one of the most embarrassing edicts in American history. Historian Steven Ambrose wrote, "This great American accomplishment (the transcontinental railroad) could not have been achieved without the extraordinary effort of Chinese-Americans".

Doug, I believe proper respect, acknowledgement, and gratitude for our Chinese-Americans are long past due! In fact, in a single day, a crew of eight Chinese rail carriers from the Central Pacific laid the final ten miles of track putting down 3,520 rails! Each rail carrier handled 2,500 ties weighing a quarter million pounds... all before the sun went down on April 28th!

It`s interesting to note that in attempting to join the very last two rails of the Central and Union Pacific railroads at Promontory Point, Utah on May 10th 1869, California`s Governor Leland Stanford repeatedly missed striking the final railroad spike with a sledgehammer called a "spike maul". The spike contains 17.6-karat (73%) gold, alloyed with copper and its total weight is 436 grams or 14.03 troy ounces. Engraved on all four sides with the names of officials and the date, it also reads "May God continue the unity of our Country, as the Railroad unites the two great Oceans of the world." The spike is inside a display case at Promontory Point, just a short drive from my home. I wish more folks would remember what it says. You know Doug, where I grew up, a man's ethnic origin or skin color just doesn't amount to a hill of beans. And all men and women are welcome on Wedliny Domowe, regardless of their beliefs or ancestry! We don't care if our members are green with blue stripes and polka dots! Aren't we all children of the same creator? Some of my best friends are indeed, of Chinese extraction and I'm proud to be called their friend. Welcome aboard Doug! :wink:

My Best Wishes Sir,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
IdaKraut
Passionate
Passionate

Post by IdaKraut » Mon Apr 29, 2013 15:59

Hello Doug,

Great to have you here. I look forward to any and all recipes that you may offer. I love all Chinese sausages, especially Lop Cheung.
Rudy