Syracuse casing company

Blackriver
Passionate
Passionate

Syracuse casing company

Post by Blackriver » Tue May 07, 2013 15:15

I have been calling around and Syracuse casing company is the only company I have found that does not have their hog casings processed in China. Everything is done here in the states. I just placed a order and it was $34 with free shipping for a hank. What I liked is I ordered my hank tubed which is awesome cause I don't have to worry about un tangling casings. I just take out whatever I need and I am ready to go. I just wanted to let other members know about my experience with this company.

http://www.makincasing.com/x/home.php
IdaKraut
Passionate
Passionate

Post by IdaKraut » Tue May 07, 2013 19:42

BR,

I totally agree that Syracuse casing company is a great place to buy casings from. They may not be the cheapest, but the quality is worth it. Plus, I've never gotten any casings from them that had "whiskers". And, getting them pre-flushed and tubed makes it really easy as well.
Rudy
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Big Guy » Tue May 07, 2013 20:38

x3 here, nothing but good service from them
Col. Big Guy
Dave Zac
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dave Zac » Wed May 08, 2013 01:00

Add me to the list of nothing but fantastic reviews. Support your local businesses rather than china. No tellin where they've had em
IdaKraut
Passionate
Passionate

Post by IdaKraut » Wed May 08, 2013 15:48

Dave Zac wrote:Add me to the list of nothing but fantastic reviews. Support your local businesses rather than china. No tellin where they've had em
Or rather, whether the so-called "sheep" casings actually came from its namesake critter or from Fido after he was used in yesterday's meal.
Rudy
nuynai
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nuynai » Wed May 08, 2013 17:56

Blackriver, thanks. Just sent a e mail to Sausage Makers, customer service re where they get the casings from. They confirmed that their's are from China. I love dogs too much to use them in my sausage.
Camper Bob

Post by Camper Bob » Fri Nov 14, 2014 15:37

I too am completely satisfied with Syracuse Casings. Just received another order of casings and they came within two days of ordering. They stuff just fine. Great people to work with. They are a smaller company although they have been in business for many years. Want to help them continue to stay in business.
redzed

Post by redzed » Fri Nov 14, 2014 18:26

Hi Camper Bob,

Thanks for posting and welcome to WD forum, a great place to hang out with a great bunch of folks. I read that post above yours about casings from China and almost all natural casings sold today in North America and Europe originate from there. Some of them are shipped here in bulk, sorted and packaged and then stamped "product of US or Canada". So it is not always what we are told.
Erdélyi

Post by Erdélyi » Sat Nov 15, 2014 00:17

I checked out their site about two years ago and would have placed an order if Paypal was an option at checkout :wink: