Torrey Parts for #22 Grinder

Butterbean

Torrey Parts for #22 Grinder

Post by Butterbean » Wed May 22, 2013 20:33

Anyone have a Torrey #22 grinder and need some parts. Had a guy drop by with some loose end parts he found while he was remodelling an old meat market and he sold me an assortment of stuff. I don't have a Torrey #22 grinder but it was an all or nothing deal so I ended up with a 3/16" plate, a very sharp carbide tipped blade for the #22 and a cap that fits on what I think is a stuffer. The cap is just a hair bigger than what fits on a 15#LEM stuffer.

I ended up paying $3.33 for each piece I bought. I have no use for these three pieces and if someone could use them you are more than happy to them. I don't know the rules about selling stuff on the board and if I'm doing wrong I apologize. I don't intend to make any money on these and am just trying to share some good fortune. If I could recoupe my cost and the postage that would be great. If I am in err of asking for reimbursement I apologize.

To insure this is no Nigerian Internet scam, I'll even send them to whomever might need them - preferably in the continental USA due to the high cost of international shipping - and you can either reimburse me or not. I just hate to see such good stuff go in the trash.

Here is a picture of the pieces. And like I say, I'm not really trying to sell anything and am willing to ship them to you first then you can settle up or not.

ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed May 22, 2013 20:58

The knife and plate should fit any #22 grinder.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Wed May 22, 2013 21:09

I read that on the net somewhere but wasn't sure if it was correct so I was reluctant to say it would. Glad to have that confirmed.
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Big Guy » Wed May 22, 2013 23:37

could you measure the cap nut, If it's 2 1/16 inches at the threads, I'll take it.
Col. Big Guy
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Thu May 23, 2013 00:44

If I'm reading the calipers correctly it is a smidgen less than 2 2/16" (5.35 cm?). It just does go over the mouth of my LEM 15# stuffer but it won't thread. I'd much rather have this one than the plastic one that came with the stuffer but its just a hair too big.

Here is a picture of the measurement in case I goofed.

Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Thu May 23, 2013 02:57

Hello,

The vernier reading is 53,5 mm, it is 2 inch and 106 thousandth of an inch. So it is just a little less than 2 inch and 1/8 of an inch. ,(019 thousandth, or 1/2 mm. smaller.)

If Big Guy can't use it, I'll take them. I can use the knife, and the plate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we measure tread, make sure we measure the same thing.
Inside, or outside. (Pitch diameter.)
We have 2 different sizes, inside of nut, or outside of screw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I buy new plate from Cabela's, I have to open up the hole in the middle/center, becouse it's too small.
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Big Guy » Thu May 23, 2013 16:07

OK it looks like it will fit my stuffer, I measured mine and it was 53.49 mm so its very close. I'll pm you where to send it.
Col. Big Guy
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Thu May 23, 2013 16:16

Ok, I'll send it to you when I get your address.

Gulyas, I'll send you the blade and the plate if you pm me a mailing address.

Glad to see this stuff going to some use and not in the trash.
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Thu May 23, 2013 17:39

Thank You Butterbean, I sent You my address.
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Big Guy » Thu May 23, 2013 23:19

BB. I pm'd you my address too
Col. Big Guy
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri May 24, 2013 01:47

I don't know the rules about selling stuff on the board and if I'm doing wrong I apologize. I don't intend to make any money on these and am just trying to share some good fortune. If I could recoupe my cost and the postage that would be great. If I am in err of asking for reimbursement I apologize.

Joe, no problem whatsoever. It was very considerate of you to make the offer. Thanks for posting pal. :wink:
Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Big Guy » Fri May 24, 2013 12:27

He is a very nice guy. I stopped in on him in March and swapped a few pieces of our work and a few stories all was good. I'll probably stop by on my next trip south. :mrgreen:
Col. Big Guy