Have you seen this link?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
bearspice
Beginner
Beginner

Have you seen this link?

Post by bearspice » Thu Mar 13, 2014 03:40

Somebody sent this link to me today, and I thought it might be of interest to some of you.

:mrgreen: - Rob.
Cabonaia
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Cabonaia » Thu Mar 13, 2014 04:27

If I click on this link, will it send me Spam?
bearspice
Beginner
Beginner

Post by bearspice » Thu Mar 13, 2014 06:14

I did, and this appeared...
Cabonaia
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Cabonaia » Thu Mar 13, 2014 07:05

Spam cupcakes! The missing link!
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Fri Mar 14, 2014 01:52

Forgive my geographical ignorance, but isn't the "north coast of New South Wales" land-locked and also known as "Queensland?" (...i.e. isn't the ocean on the EAST side of NSW.) Is "Down Under" also ninety degrees upside down?

Reminds me of when we driving to the beach in North Carolina, listening to the radio, and heard that we were in western southeast North Carolina. ...WSENC? (We entered a fog bank, the compass began to spin, and we emerged into the Twilight Zone.)

Also reminds me of a friend who was being driven around Suzhou, China, by a local. He kept watching the compass, but soon became hopelessly lost. He pointed, and asked the man, "Over there is north, right?"

"Of course not. That is south."

"But your compass is pointing north," my friend protested.

The Chinese gentleman smiled smugly. "We Chinese invented the compass, my friend. Compasses always point SOUTH."

...so now I'm REALLY confused. I think I'll go downstairs and raid the refrigerator for some sausage and beer. Hey! Why is that staircase going UP? (...gets dizzy.) Wait a minute- - is this another one of that prankster, CW's, practical jokes? OW! (...hits head on ceiling, and faints.)
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 03:09

Reminds me of when we driving to the beach in North Carolina, listening to the radio, and heard that we were in western southeast North Carolina. ...WSENC? (We entered a fog bank, the compass began to spin, and we emerged into the Twilight Zone.)
Ah Haaa! Now we know!
Dang Rabid Duck! :roll:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Mar 14, 2014 04:58

CW has been collaborating with that guy Escher. He can't tell up from down and side ways is confusing.
Ross- tightwad home cook
bearspice
Beginner
Beginner

Post by bearspice » Fri Mar 14, 2014 06:01

Well... even though it's all East Coast, we still have Sydney, then Mid North Coast, then North Coast, then Upper Middle Northern-ish Coast, then QLD, where they call their beer XXXX (pronounced Four-Ex) because they can't spell BEER. Isn't that right, Crustyo44? :razz:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 09:24

Hey Bearspice... and any other interested folks!
How about clicking on the following link and tell us how you got the name "Bearspice".
http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=90
It's called "Care To Share How You Got Your Handle?" (There are several pages - be sure to click on the last page to post a message).

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:33

Bearspice, I am only a dumb Banana bender, I can't even spell beer or XXXX.
That's the reason I brew my own. Mind you, I've been a Coffs Harbour boy for many years.
Cheers Mate,
Jan.