Looks like we might be facing a dietary change soon.

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Looks like we might be facing a dietary change soon.

Post by ssorllih » Thu Mar 20, 2014 22:19

Nancy has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is due for surgery next Thursday. The doctors have not yet assigned a stage number beyond saying that it is at least a stage 2. The diagnostic tools available today are far superior to what was being used 15 years ago when she had her first.. I told some local friends that we no longer whisper about cancer be cause it can be treated.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Mar 21, 2014 13:08

My dear friend, although we "no longer whisper" about such things, our thoughts and prayers are certainly with Nancy and you too pal. They're conquering this stuff! My sis had a breast removed a year ago (she is 65) and is doing just fine. No sign of further problem. Ross, tell Nancy to keep the faith and remember she has friends here that care!

My Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Mar 21, 2014 13:52

Thanks CW. I think that we have about half of the civilized world praying for Nancy.
Ross- tightwad home cook
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Fri Mar 21, 2014 15:14

With my wife having trouble. It was the most scary time I can remember. Even though it came out good. The journey was rough. You and Nancy will be in my prayers, hang in there. God Bless.
HamnCheese
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by HamnCheese » Fri Mar 21, 2014 15:26

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Nancy and your families.

Lynn
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Stanislaw Lec
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Mar 21, 2014 17:10

My prayers are with you and Nancy, stay positive. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
redzed

Post by redzed » Fri Mar 21, 2014 17:21

Ross, I just lit a candle for Nancy and you. Wishing Nancy a speedy recovery.
Chris
IdaKraut
Passionate
Passionate

Post by IdaKraut » Fri Mar 21, 2014 17:29

Ross,

Nancy and you are in my prayers. Stay strong.
Rudy
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 19:38

Ross,
Good doctors, a positive attitude, positive thinking, the correct diet and the big C will be defeated. We are all thinking of you both.
Jan.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Fri Mar 21, 2014 21:06

Hang in there, both of you. "This too shall pass."
Russ
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Mar 21, 2014 23:45

Thank you everyone!! So far so good.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Sat Mar 22, 2014 01:13

Sorry to hear the news Ross. Nancy and You will be in our prayers daily. A few years back we had the same diagnosis. My wife Rosemarie , beat it. It was a rough road but we had so much support from family and friends that cannot EVER be measured. Friends really got involved, A couple of guys who I worked with ran local dirt and asphalt tracks. They decided to build a special race car just for breast cancer fundraising. Most of us worked at GM and the UAW and GM supported us tremendously. Wherever there was a "B C" event we were there with the car. All this was getting built by our teams and it sure took our minds off the treatments Rose was going through. Ross, Nancy, where ever the help and support comes from, either this forum of friends, family or neighbors it will be a blessing. We know. Take care and God Bless You and Nancy.
Love, Fred and Rose

A few pics of the "B C" car. All the "Pink Ribbons are sponsors, 5 Dollars and the sponsor signed it and it went on the race car.

Rose and Me

My buddies and the check we handed over to the American Cancer Society. Auto show at the Tonowanda Engine Plant where I worked.

At the Breast Cancer Awareness Day at a local dirt track we run. A lot of support from the owners and drivers. All the drivers bought ribbons and had it on their cars during the races. All this time My wife is getting treatments and it was just a blessing how people made a difference.

Another event we took the B C car to. Good friend of ours was diagnosed with BC and she beat it also :) :smile:
Keep them safe until they all come home.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Mar 22, 2014 03:42

A mighty fine thing you did. Nancy beat breast cancer in '99-'00. The complete therapy routine surgery, chemo, radiation. Then small tumor on her tongue in 2011 and that was just surgical. and now this. I/we do appreciate all of the prayers and good wishes.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Cabonaia
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Cabonaia » Sat Mar 22, 2014 04:48

Ross - You and Nancy are in my prayers, and I mean that.

Take care,
Jeff
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Mar 22, 2014 04:53

Thanks Jeff. I believe that we have the best medical, surgical team available in this metro area. Folks come from all over the country for treatment in this region.
Ross- tightwad home cook