High meat prices are here to stay!

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
redzed

High meat prices are here to stay!

Post by redzed » Fri Jul 18, 2014 22:39

cogboy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cogboy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 00:33

Everything goes up but my paycheck ! :???:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 01:03

Vote: NOTA (None Of The Above)... then write in El DuckO's name!
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Jul 19, 2014 03:52

Yikes! I leave the country for ten days and look what happens. Don't make me have to come back up there and...

What's that, Honey? (...talking off-screen)

Okay. Beloved Spouse says we're out of money and have to go back home now, anyway. Anyone who's interested, drop by early tomorrow morning and we'll fly over and march on Bogota, then fly on up to Ottawa, then wing it back to Washington for a protest fly-by, then...

On second thought- - Hey, CW...? ...got any friends in Salt Lake City who could handle this?
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 04:26

These high beef prices are just more proof that we need to go back to the old fashioned cattle drive! Okay waddies... Round `em up and head `em out! :roll: We`re drivin` a herd north to Redzed in Canada! Ridin` point tonight will be sambal badjak and ssorllih! Now pay attention junipers and stop twirlin` those big irons and showin` off your quick draw! Keep yer` wits about ya and keep an eye peeled for any gone-astray, ferocious, wayward democrats sneakin` around in the bushes with war paint on their faces. Krakowska will be the nighthawk on bobtail guard tonight. Ride ahead Fred, and give these folks a hand about midnight, but goodness sakes... leave yer` boots on! Last time you started a stampede and it took us three days to round `em back up again! Grasshopper Mike and IdaKraut Rudy will ride drag, bringin` up the rear - in the dust. Wear yer` wild rags boys and cover yer` faces. And goodness sakes, leave that flask alone... you know the one - the one full of snake pizen! ...tarantella juice! ...Taos lightning! ...wild mare`s milk! You know... the one in yer boot! Sing to those doggies boys. Reckon it`ll be a long night. Jest don`t sing like ssorllih did last week while he was tendin` those calf critters. Sorry, but Ross just cannot sing to those cows! His voice sounded like someone forgot to grease the wagon. His singin' was enough to make a she-wolf jealous. Shucks, that man just punished the air with his vocal performance - sort of like a burro with a bad cold. Maybe we can get Janlab or mohsinj677 to give that man some singin` lessons eh?

Oneills, janlab, and cogboy, you`ll have to flank this outfit while the ol` biscuit shooter Chuckwagon (me) will bring up the .... Chuckwagon! Duh! By the way, have you noticed this ol` dough-puncher`s belly lately? Geeeze... I`m a` puttin` on so much weight, we`ll have to throw a diamond hitch around me just to keep me in the saddle! :roll:
Here now! Here now! ... what`s this... there`s ol` vagreys and northfork sneakin` into the cookie jar again, and they`ve each got a handful of sourdough biscuits too! Now, git back up on yer` snuffies boys, and help bring the herd up that arroyo. In other words, "fork those broomtails, waddies... there`s plenty of bearsign later"! Now skedaddle. :lol:

We sent Graham spud and bkleinsmid after stray mavericks this afternoon but they`re not back yet. We`d better get crustyo44 and El DuckO to go find them as they are probably held up in the Deadshot Doggery And Thirst Emporium (benzinery bodega) back in town, just a paintin` their tonsils with scamper juice! I Reckon these boys will be right as rain if they don`t discover that bottle of Rattle Yer Hocks on the top shelf behind the bar at The Three-Legged Dog Saloon.

With beef prices as high as they are, we must get this herd through to Redzed in Canada without any bad medicine `long the way. We wouldn`t want to see him go on a permanent mushroom diet! Now cowboy-up boys and curry the kinks out! Heeyaaa! Heeyaaa! Move `em out! :mrgreen:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 04:35

That dad-gummed Duk wrote:
Anyone who's interested, drop by early tomorrow morning and we'll fly over and march on Bogota, then fly on up to Ottawa, then wing it back to Washington for a protest fly-by, then...
On second thought- - Hey, CW...? ...got any friends in Salt Lake City who could handle this
Suuuuurrrrrre Duk! Just go ahead and fly over the Great Salt Lake. I've got a couple of Sidewinder ICBM's painted in just your colors! They've even got decorations of duck feathers all over them. Looking at the missiles from the front, I'd swear they were "smiling". I like duck... WELL DONE! :shock:

P.S. If we send you money, would you stay in Bogota another week? :mrgreen:
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Jul 19, 2014 13:17

...looks like MY buddies in Salt Lake City better hurry on out there with a long sleeve white coat. Easy, there, Big Guy. Nobody's gonna hurt ya. (...not much, anyway.)
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Shuswap » Sat Jul 19, 2014 14:43

Well CW if you look at this link [URL=http://]http://www.agr.gc.ca/redmeat-vianderouge/about_propos_eng.htm[/URL] or this excerpt from it, you may be driving Canadian product back home to Redzed :grin:

Canada`s beef and veal exports increased by 2.9% from 2012 to 278,966 tonnes in 2013, valued at $1.33 billion. Exports to the United States were steady in 2013 compared to 2012, up 0.1% while Asian markets showed strong increases led by China up 377%, Hong Kong 38% and Japan by 17.5%. Exports to Mexico continued to decrease, accounting for a decline of 20.7% in comparison with 2012 and 57% since 2010. The United States is the major export market for Canadian beef accounting for approximately 71% of exports.
In 2013, over 1 million head of cattle were exported to the United States for breeding, feeding and processing with feeder cattle exports making up a larger proportion of the trade. In 2013 feeder cattle exports to the US represented 35% of the live trade, up from 21% in 2012.
In 2013, 20.8 million pigs went to market in Canadian plants, a decrease of 1.7% over 2012. In addition, 735,500 head went to processing facilities in the United States and 4.17 million head of isowean/weaner/feeder hogs went for feeding and finishing on United States farms. Live hog exports decreased 12.1% over 2012 to 5 million head.
Pork exports decreased in 2013 to 1,183,645 tonnes, down 0.5% from 2012. Sales to the United States increased 14% to 365,591 tonnes, while sales to Japan have decreased by 9.2% to 193,034 tonnes and sales to China have increased by 16.5% to 162,337 tonnes. Exports of pork and pork products to all countries are estimated at $3.2 billion in 2013.
Processed pork sales totalled an estimated 71,811 tonnes in 2013 with the United States being the dominant purchaser (44.5%).
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Sat Jul 19, 2014 15:32

CW, can we do this drive on 4x4's... Never been a great horse man, since you can't or are not supposed to eat the beast, it has little value for me, apart from the occasional filly trotting by, showing off her wares....which of course is better left for the imagination.

Now about singing, why don't we just stitch up his mouth, then no lessons required. Just leave enough room for a small stuffed cabage roll to pass. But please allow some sound, since he he has to share his baking skills... but hang on, he can type, so just leave one finger unscathed...

Visited an Italian family today, working two pigs...barrels of meat for sausage, heaps of sides for bacon, fat for lardo, and coppa, too beautifull to describe. I have one on order for next year, hope it has more fat though...

As for meat prices, just count your blessings, come here if you think thats expensive...

J
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Jul 19, 2014 16:05

OK, I'm waiting with a hot grill! You guys drive in the beef (might have a few issues in herding them onto the ferry for the final stretch), :shock: and I have plenty of mushrooms for the steaks.Image
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Sat Jul 19, 2014 19:47

LOLROTF, Your a riot CW, We all are on a cattle drive gettin' some meat up to Red. LOL, Really great and funny. Very entertaining :-) :cool:
Keep them safe until they all come home.
oneills
User
User

Post by oneills » Sun Jul 20, 2014 01:47

redzed wrote:OK, I'm waiting with a hot grill! You guys drive in the beef (might have a few issues in herding them onto the ferry for the final stretch), :shock: and I have plenty of mushrooms for the steaks.[url=http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hungry/hungry-2.gif]Image[/URL]
We are on the way . Giddy up horse
Misty Springs Free Range Pigs
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jul 20, 2014 03:40

Giddy up horse
Steve, be mighty careful crossin' that big creek! :lol: Climb the full-rigged hurricane deck of that big desert canary and gig yer` marinos! Grab the apple an` teach that hoss to swim! Use yer` rib wrenches and let him find his sand. That`s a mighty wide crick ya` gotta cross! Now play to the gallery and pony up! Show that puddin` foot how to do the breaststroke and I reckon you`ll be right as a trivet in no time. Be sure to spoil that seven by nine snuffy as he climbs out of that big crick at San Francisco. Give that broomtail an extry ration of oats fer` supper then skedaddle east three ways from Sunday, find the trace, and join us trailin` those cow critters north to Redzed. Better buckle yer` chaps and vamoose before Red gits a bit techy! Now, slam down some brown gargle and get a move on! Yeee Hawww! :roll:
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:20

4x4
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:43

OK Boys, Here is the layout in case you all forgot how a drive is handled. I'm just wondering if Trailboss Cuckwagon will have Ross running the chuckwagon again.

Keep them safe until they all come home.