School of Home-made Meat production. Useful information

redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Aug 13, 2014 06:45

Video from the April 2014 course is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db6XciYihpk#t=63

I don't believe they have any week long courses at this time. This year's basic course is scheduled for Aug. 26-28. Throughout the year courses on specialized subjects are also held.
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Sat Aug 16, 2014 14:36

As I said, we did a lot of hours of video technology:
- Cut the meat of pigs and cattle,
- Curing,
- Casings, przyprawy, machinery and accessories,
- Making hams and other smoked meats,
- Doing various sausages, kiszki and brawn
- And other articles.
For now, movies are assembled and will soon also with English subtitles and can teacher. I examined - videos very good.
Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Aug 16, 2014 15:31

...can't wait! ...should be great!
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
king kabanos
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by king kabanos » Sat Aug 16, 2014 18:36

i am going next summer no matter what!!!!!!! red zed and el duck lets go!!!!! i can't wait to go to this school
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Shuswap » Sat Aug 16, 2014 19:27

Maxell wrote:- Cut the meat of pigs and cattle,
This will be good - I'm trimming out a pork shoulder today and am probably producing more "waste" than I need to. Theres a lot of muscles in those sholders and I'm still looking for the coppa :???:
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Sat Aug 16, 2014 21:40

At the beginning of "the school come from the Polish" in the form of a video. :D
Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Cutting the Meat

Post by Shuswap » Sun Aug 17, 2014 00:04

Red, I`m delighted to see the first video from our friends in Poland. Wouldn't I love to be at a coarse like that :!:

Today I parted out a de-boned pork shoulder I bought at Costco yesterday. I`m pretty sure I overdid it when trimming - too embarrassed to say how much went into the trim pile. :oops:

However, watching the video I would say the bin full of cuttings looked mighty lean too. Since the trimmed meat is so lean, I plan to use 20% back fat to make up for my exuberance. Now I have to learn what to leave alone. For example, there are several bundles of small muscle surrounded by membrane. I trimmed them and probably shouldn`t have if it isn`t silver skin. I really don`t like the soft fat so trimmed it too. Back to youtube to watch some butchering video because DW isn`t too happy that I almost doubled the cost of the pork.
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Sun Aug 17, 2014 01:02

Fantastic video! I would love to attend such a course, but the language would be impossible.... Maybe a continuous translator by my side will work....
@Maxell, may I ask, what is the cost of the whole course? I would not be able to bring any meat home though, so will eat it there!
@KK, I see why you're so enthusiastic! I share that.
Jan L
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Sun Aug 17, 2014 13:00

In Poland, our course will cost you 150 - 160 $ (course + hotel + good, home-cooked food).
If you plan to arrive more people we have an interpreter.
maxell11@wp.pl
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Sun Aug 17, 2014 13:58

Well guys, its too late for this year, but I am in for the course next year! But will need support for getting the interpreter.
There is time to plan a grand trip...
Jan L
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Mon Aug 18, 2014 09:36

We invite all interested parties. :D
maxell11@wp.pl
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 23:06

Thank you Maxell! We wish you the best of luck and success in this year's convention.

Your pal,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:48

Thanks Maxell, keep us posted!
Jan L
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

A Gathering Location

Post by Shuswap » Wed Aug 20, 2014 15:11

attending a convention in Poland would be quite a high for the few who could attend. I,m wondering why we couldn't,t have a gathering in North America staffed with some of skilled butchers/sausage makers and hosted by the likes of CW and Maxwell (who we would bring in). I would think vendors would support such a gathering and many more of us could attend. Just saying :wink:
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Wed Aug 20, 2014 15:46

I have already mentioned that it is possible to send our teachers to the United States, to conducted several training courses on site.
maxell11@wp.pl