"Disclaimer Container" - Where Did My Post Go?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Aug 23, 2014 16:42

AS these comment demonstrate this is an international forum with a Polish forum as a parent group. I don't know how inclusive the Polish branch may be but they could well be representing all of Europe. I should hope that this is resolved to the benefit of everyone.
Ross- tightwad home cook
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Aug 23, 2014 18:17

[quote="Chuckwagon There is no big mystery about all this but it is certainly a surprise to me

So pards, it appears the time has come for me to step down. Shucks, I was just getting warmed up too! I was happy being the moderator of WD.

I suppose I`ve yanked someone`s chain the wrong way and I wish Redzed luck.

My very best wishes to all my friends at WD. May you continue to learn and have fun doing it.

Yours Very Truly And Sincerely,
Chuckwagon B.R. Bryner
Salt Lake City, Utah[/quote]

Taking some of the context of CW's only post on this matter so far it surely looks like he was blind-sided, and is saying goodbye. My feeling is that CW is solely responsible for the success of this site. Things like "Project 2B", "Post a Picture of Yourself", "How'd You Get Your Handle", "Post a Picture of Your Smoker", are what brought people together thru CW's efforts to have the forum members get to know each other and communicate freely. You don't black-out the artists name on the bottom right hand corner when the portrait is completed, it's just not the right thing to do. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Aug 23, 2014 18:51

Thank you Ross, Sambal, Jim and Jean, Thewitt, JanLab and Shuswap. I'm glad to see that cooler heads are prevailing. Gossip, innuendo and personal and ethnic slurs have no place on a civilized forum. Yes, this whole thing was managed badly, yes, CW was taken by complete surprise (as was I) and yes, a lot of damage has been done. Please be patient, Maxell is working to resolve this mess and once the dust will have settled you can form your opinions and post on fact rather than conjecture.

As already has been pointed out, to date, CW has not been the only moderator on this forum. But he was the only active one (very active at that). Two moderators, Siara and BonAir were very recently removed from the list. Both were bi-lingual but have been inactive for some time. Click on the word Moderator at the bottom of the forum index page to see the current list. The administrators feel that it is important to have an active bi-lingual moderator on the forum. After all, this forum is a branch of the huge Polish language forum, Wędliny Domowe. Both forums are hosted in Poland, and funded by a non-profit foundation, the Wędzarnicza Brać. The Polish language forum has well over twenty moderators.

My proposed role is to act as a liason between the two forums and relate relevant information from the Polish to the English language forum. I will also assist in helping any English language members who have questions about specific Polish charcuterie products, by posting a question on the Polish forum and relying on a huge number of knowledgeable and skilled people to assist. I am currently doing this for the member looking for a recipe for Gypsy Sausage. This role does not in any way supplant or even diminish in the slightest way, the important role that CW so skillfully performs here.

So if you would like to help in a constructive and meaningful way, communicate to Chuckwagon that this forum would be substantially compromised without him and that you will not accept his resignation. I also am not prepared to take on the whole function, having learned long ago not to bite off more than I can chew.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Aug 23, 2014 20:59

This forum has a wealth of knowledgeable people with that knowledge spread over a wide spectrum science. I have nothing but praise for our Polish brothers for rescuing this national treasure of meat processing before we all fell to believing that Hillshire farms sausage was the way all sausage looked and tasted and before all hams were diluted with so much water they had to be shipped in plastic bags.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Sat Aug 23, 2014 21:57

I want everybody to know, that Mr. Chuckwagon is one of my most favorit guy on this hole world.
Chuckwagon for president.
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Aug 23, 2014 22:07

redzed wrote:...So if you would like to help in a constructive and meaningful way, communicate to Chuckwagon that this forum would be substantially compromised without him and that you will not accept his resignation. I also am not prepared to take on the whole function, having learned long ago not to bite off more than I can chew.
You heard the man, Chuckles- - stick around. Otherwise, who else would I pick on? (UhOh! ...possible slip-up, there. You didn't see that hole card, didja, Bubbie?)

It makes a whole lot of sense to have moderator backup. Remember a year or so back, when Ross Hill temporarily helped out while CW was settling a personal issue? Folks, it appears to me that, from all the postings flying around, both public and private, we can live with this. But it also appears that some "patching up" needs to be done on the part of the Polish leadership.

Let's get on with it. ...or, as Mister Google-Translate might say, Idziemy do przodu z nim.
...or not. Beats me. I don't speak Polish. ...but in my experience they sure are friendly people.

...next adventures of El Ducko include a cattle drive with Datsun 280-Z support vehicles. (ed.note: Jeez! ...not again!)
Head 'em up! Rev 'em up! Move 'em out! Pass the leaded, ethanol-free gasoline, eh?
Duk
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Shuswap » Sat Aug 23, 2014 23:29

redzed wrote:My proposed role is to act as a liason between the two forums and relate relevant information from the Polish to the English language forum. I will also assist in helping any English language members who have questions about specific Polish charcuterie products, by posting a question on the Polish forum and relying on a huge number of knowledgeable and skilled people to assist. I am currently doing this for the member looking for a recipe for Gypsy Sausage. This role does not in any way supplant or even diminish in the slightest way, the important role that CW so skillfully performs here.
Just think what yesterday would have been like if it had started out this way, eh :!: CW park your hoss and get on with Poject KB - we're waiting. And as for Redzed, don't forget we learned about the Polish made videos because of his efforts and for that I was thankful as I have been for many of his other posts. Let our Polish friends sort their mess out and let's not make it ours. Onwards together friends :arrow:
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

About the unsubstantiated rumour.......

Post by snagman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 02:45

Hey CW,

A forum member, who will remain anonymous, introduced me to distilling spirits, which is a fine activity, on a par with sausage making. Matter of fact they go together like this forum and you,
like women and wine, (or is that song ?) and pork and fat.

Having read the foregoing, I am now dripping tears into my recently finished sour cherry schnapps, and in the process diluting it from the ideal 42% ABV to some cordial. Now, I can hack the lower alc, but not your absence from here. So, please instantly put a full stop to this right now !
A'ma 'a waitin' pard ! :cry:

Gus
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ursula » Sun Aug 24, 2014 07:05

The thread title gave me a bit of a shock, and I thought that duck was up to mischief again. Having read through all the information and the comments of others I got the impression of outrage, shock, disbelief and anger at the news, yet to be confirmed, that this rumour might be true.
Above all, there was so much respect, admiration and adoration expressed by everyone that even if CW were replaced, it must tell him how much we all value him, and he must feel the warmth and high regard we all feel for him. That's quite an affirmation.
I sincerely hope, and it clear others feel this too, that he won't resign from our group. He has given so much, and has so much to give. In truth he is irreplaceable. And a character!
Redzed has explained his position, and it is great that people respect that too. He probably is just as shocked as we all are. And is a wonderful contributor to the site.
Certainly something has been poorly handled. Feelings have been hurt. There's been a lack of consultation, and a sense of betrayal.
And Ray, your loyalty is lovely, but we need you here too.
Let's hope some sense will prevail, and we can all return to our happy little site.
Ursula
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ursula » Sun Aug 24, 2014 07:07

Best comment of the day for me was Gulyas'
Go Gulyas!!!!!!!!
Ursula
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sun Aug 24, 2014 07:53

Nope, I'm not needed at all. I'll feel a lot more comfortable where honor and loyalty are more in demand than just going along with the crowd. The silence is deafening, and I feel our mentor and dear friend has gone to greener pastures. I can no longer support or patronize this website, I feel in life there's nothing more important than loyalty and friendship, I consider CW a friend of mine. I've learned a lot here (and done my best to give some back), tho I have to say 99% of what I learned came from Chuckwagon. I'm somewhat shocked by the lack of loyalty in some folks, tho humanity has always seemed to disappoint when it really counts. I wish you all the best in smoking and stuffing, good luck to Chris in his new leadership role. Any pics I posted that don't have to do with me standing over a dead animal are gone, I'll save that stuff for a venue in the future. The Boo and I ride off, and I truly hope to meet up with CW somewhere down the road. RAY

PS: It's a privilege to be able to lay your eyes on a bitch like this, and it was a real privilege to have CW in our lives while we did. My father always told me if you've got the number of true friends that you can count on the fingers of one hand, you are a lucky man. I've got 7-8 people that count me as one of those fingers, they couldn't have a better friend. I'm out. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 08:35

Ray,
I hope that you still receive this message and email me.
Let's find out who done all the complaining to the Polish management that
started the s--t hitting the fan.
I have received several emails from old members now that point in one direction only.
Matter of fact, I was thinking this actually before I received these emails.
Best regards,
Jan
Baconologist
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Baconologist » Sun Aug 24, 2014 13:29

I think that Redzed will make a great moderator.
Godspeed!

Bob
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by snagman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 14:41

Baconologist wrote:I think that Redzed will make a great moderator.
Bob, you,have taken by breath away....
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by snagman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 14:44

sawhorseray wrote:Nope, I'm not needed at all. I'll feel a lot more comfortable where honor and loyalty are more in demand than just going along with the crowd. The silence is deafening, and I feel our mentor and dear friend has gone to greener pastures. I can no longer support or patronize this website, I feel in life there's nothing more important than loyalty and friendship, I consider CW a friend of mine. I've learned a lot here (and done my best to give some back), tho I have to say 99% of what I learned came from Chuckwagon. I'm somewhat shocked by the lack of loyalty in some folks, tho humanity has always seemed to disappoint when it really counts. I wish you all the best in smoking and stuffing, good luck to Chris in his new leadership role. Any pics I posted that don't have to do with me standing over a dead animal are gone, I'll save that stuff for a venue in the future. The Boo and I ride off, and I truly hope to meet up with CW somewhere down the road. RAY

[url=http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee20 ... BooDog.jpg]Image[/URL]

PS: It's a privilege to be able to lay your eyes on a bitch like this, and it was a real privilege to have CW in our lives while we did. My father always told me if you've got the number of true friends that you can count on the fingers of one hand, you are a lucky man. I've got 7-8 people that count me as one of those fingers, they couldn't have a better friend. I'm out. RAY
No Ray, now is not the time to jump ship !