FoodSealer Bags & Rolls

Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

FoodSealer Bags & Rolls

Post by Shuswap » Mon Sep 22, 2014 01:36

I just received my first shipment of 8" x 50` sealer rolls from FoodSealer located in Coquitlam, BC. I am happy to report that these bags, embossed on both sides, work well. They are shipped priority mail and come with free shipping. For us Canadians this is a good supplier.
http://www.foodsealer.ca/
Phil
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Sep 22, 2014 04:49

Hey Phil, that is a timely post. I just did an inventory of my supply of 8" vac bags and it looks like I need to order. However, I will be in the Excited States for a ccouple of months starting in Dec. and will be getting these:
http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/v ... rolls.html

A 50ft. roll for $7.84. They work in all all types of vac sealers. Bought a supply two years ago and they are great. 75% less than what you paid. Even ole' Ross would love a deal like that! :lol:
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Shuswap » Mon Sep 22, 2014 04:59

Chris a heck of a deal. I'm ordering a couple of rolls for free delivery to my son's address in OH where I'll pick them up at Xmas.

BTW I was recalling your recent post about picking up cases of picnics for your Dad at Costco.
Today I talked to the meat mgr at Costco Kamloops. I had bought a couple of shoulders in the past and he said forget that they're for pulled pork get a case of picnics instead :grin:
Phil
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Shuswap » Mon Sep 22, 2014 04:59

Chris a heck of a deal. I'm ordering a couple of rolls for free delivery to my son's address in OH where I'll pick them up at Xmas.

BTW I was recalling your recent post about picking up cases of picnics for your Dad at Costco.
Today I talked to the meat mgr at Costco Kamloops. I had bought a couple of shoulders in the past and he said forget that they're for pulled pork get a case of picnics instead :grin:
Phil
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Sep 22, 2014 05:11

And they've dropped by about 50 cents a kilo in the last week!

I don't quite understand what the dedication to using only butts for sausage is for hobbyists. I think that the top part of the shoulder is great (pork butt in Canada, Boston butt in U.S.), but the lower part ( the picnic) has all that dark red meat and I think the sausage has more natural flavours. Hobbyists have to get out of the butt rut, and start learning about the flavours fof the different parts of the pig.
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:14

We get better flavor if we mix the meat with different parts. The main reason for using pork/Boston butt is the fat to lean meat ratio.
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Sep 22, 2014 13:06

For my way of cooking there is no waste in either a butt or a picnic however the butts have the highest meat to bone ratio. I cure and smoke the hock, bone and hide for soup.
Ross- tightwad home cook