Fixing ring stuck

missinglink

Fixing ring stuck

Post by missinglink » Mon Jun 01, 2015 17:00

Hi all,

I'm a new member here so this my first post looking for a bit of help...

Last night I made a batch of sausages and everything went as planned until it came to dismantling and cleaning my grinder/stuffer - the fixing ring just wouldn't unscrew, wouldn't budge an inch. I tried with all my might (not a lot, granted) and had to give up before I ended up with an embarrassing trip to the emergency room.

Does anyone have any tips or experience with stubborn fixing rings?

If not, any suggestions for a replacement machine :wink:

Thanks in advance!
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Jun 01, 2015 17:17

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your experience. Some grinders come with a tool that you use to tighten and then loosen then the retaining ring. Actually something I have been looking for myself. When mine gets a bit tight I have a rubber mallet handy and just give it a couple of taps.

BTW, welcome to the forum! Take a moment and tell us about your sausage making ventures.

Chris
missinglink

Post by missinglink » Mon Jun 01, 2015 18:06

thanks redzed! I knew I should just hit it with something haha.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been making my own sausages for the last year or so, but as I have just learned from books I thought it might be a good idea to sign up here to draw on the experience of people who might know so old tricks :grin:
missinglink

Post by missinglink » Mon Jun 01, 2015 20:52

Finally got the retaining ring off!! I managed to get some olive oil into the thread then loosened it off with a spanner.