ProProcessor SF-150 Rapid Sausage Stuffer

Rich
User
User

ProProcessor SF-150 Rapid Sausage Stuffer

Post by Rich » Mon Nov 23, 2015 07:19

I have an opportunity to buy a used ProProcessor SF-150 Rapid Sausage Stuffer at a very reasonable price. Fully functional, missing the foot pedal. Any pros or cons, advice on price, experience using this stuffer, etc, would be great. I think it's a 30 lb stuffer.

Thanks,

Rich
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Nov 23, 2015 17:58

Hi Rich,

I took a look at this stuffer here:
http://www.texastastes.com/commercialsausagestuffer.htm

Nice machine, if you have the space and produce large amounts of sausage. The biggest advantage in having something like that is that you can use both hands when stuffing. But you also need to have facilities for washing something like that. A kitchen sink won't do. Can you disclose how much the used unit is selling for? The one in the link is $2099 and you can order one directly from China for $1500, but the shipping would be extra. I'd love to have something like that, but for the amount of sausage I make, it would make little practical sense.
Rich
User
User

Post by Rich » Mon Nov 23, 2015 18:40

Less than $500.00.

So you don't think home cleanup is practical with this machine ? Not good !

Looking to upgrade from my 25 lb LEM vertical to electric or hydraulic...don't get me wrong, love the LEM but it requires either two people or four hands ! :lol: I want to be able to "make meat" solo. LEM is coming out with electric stuffer around end of December or beginning of January in the $700. +\- range, may wait and see what that looks like.

Thanks for the reply,

Rich
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Nov 24, 2015 07:19

Geez if you can get that machine for under 500 clams it might be worth getting. Looks like a great toy! Go and take a good look at it, make sure it works well and see how heavy it is, how easy it is to move, how easily does it disassemble for cleaning and exactly what you need to clean it. Our member king kabanos recently got a Talsa, which is a lot more expensive and designed for high use commercial applications. This one is a low end commercial machine, but for home use it would more than suffice.
Rich
User
User

Post by Rich » Tue Nov 24, 2015 17:42

Redzed,

That was kinda my line of thought, until you brought up cleaning :shock: but, I can always resell I suppose. At the price he wants I can resell and make a little coin if I don't like the machine. I found several places that offer replacement seals and such so maintaining it shouldn't be much of an issue. He says it handles stuffing 17mm collagen casings with ease ! It's been sitting in a garage for a couple of years unused, will probably need some TLC, cleaning, and a couple of seals but is otherwise in good shape.

Rich