You are invited to share the means of your livelihood.

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Tue Apr 05, 2011 20:32

Hey John,

These calendars have been anticipated for quite a while. Check out;

http://www.wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=4889

They look like works of art.

Hint: The SEARCH button at the top of the page can be useful for tracking information on almost anything. It is very sensitive to exact words so plurals can throw it off. Good Luck.
How's that sausage coming along?
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 08:18

Palace Hill wrote:
This has gotta be the best site going for the real deal.
"Fer Sher" Pard! I read your post with much enthusiasm and admire your work with the BSA. But Palace Hill... you never did tell us where you got your handle. :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Sat Apr 23, 2011 05:50

I done a few jobs in my short years but about a bit over a decade ago I got into call centers. When you call a place and you hear your call may be recorded for training and quality assurance purposes....I'm quality assurance. I also spent a few years at an awesome culinary school and the subject I loved the most was the charcuterie portion of Garde Manger.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 23, 2011 06:13

JerBear wrote:the subject I loved the most was the charcuterie portion of Garde Manger.
A ringer! I knew it. :lol: You know WAY too much about the craft to be a novice.

Good to have you with us man!
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Thu May 19, 2011 02:23

I was born a military brat, in a small town in Germany. I lived practically all over the globe. Traveled all over the United States, spent 2 yrs in the pacific. Finally after all the moving, we settled to a little corner in the US, called Vermont. As for a career, I have spent the last 23 yrs in a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant here in my home town. I work a second job (my brother repair shop) walked in one day in 2003 to check on him, been their ever since! I have been involved with the smoking hobby, off and on for the past 12 years. Started out with jerky and snack stick, then wanted more and ventured into cooked sausages, salamis and so on. I wish I could spend more time on this hobby, but with two jobs, for now, it`s only on Sundays.
Thanks to all involved for your dedication and hard work on this site! I will visit often!
Palace hill
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Palace hill » Sun Jun 19, 2011 18:33

Hi Chuck!

Again, been away for a while. Too much work and not enough time for me.....or her for that matter. Hope that changes some soon.
Palace Hill is the area of our town that I was raised in. It was at that time the Polish neighborhood. Many people were immegrants from the old country. I was raised with my grand parents who spoke only Polish to me, and my mother who only spoke english to me, and my sister. I thought it was fitting to use that as my handle with this great site.
Thanks for all the time you put into making it the site that it is. Hopefully I can spend a little more time here than I have recently.

Plalce Hill
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jun 20, 2011 02:51

Hey, Hey, Palace Hill! Good to hear from you. Goodness gracious, we were just about to send out a search party to see what happened to you. All of us just figured you actually became a..... oooooo.... a vegetarian! :shock: I shudder at the very thought! :lol:
Hey pal, we hope all is well and you can get back to grindin' and stuffin' very soon. Let us know what's happening in your sausage kitchen from time to time.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
NorCal Kid
Passionate
Passionate

Post by NorCal Kid » Mon Jun 20, 2011 16:55

I've been in the graphics/media/advertising industry for the past 30 years, serving as art director for several bay area ad agencies and design firms.

Career change: For the past seven years, I've served as associate pastor with our local church as well as overseeing the media department.

My wife inspired me to begin making homemade sausages & the like as we have sons who have special dietary requirements and allergies. She's a great cook & baker in her own right, so we do a pretty good job of making a number of homemade products.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Sun Jul 31, 2011 13:45

Some more about Bubba and what I do for a living.....

Following 2 years military conscription, a neighbor of my parents asked me if I would like to work for the same company he worked for.
I was enrolled in an Apprenticeship as a Fitter / Machinist for 4 years. (this trade no longer existed in the late 80`s, it was either being a Fitter or being a Machinist).
In between I was called up for 3-month active duty annually for 5 years beyond my Military conscription.
After completing my apprenticeship, I realized if I wanted to get somewhere in life, I had to help myself. Those days there were hardly any scholarships, and so I worked during the day and attended college at night for many years. Paying my own way through part-time college I ended up with a degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
I paved a working path of Contract and Expat work as an Engineer at various Mines, Power stations and Chemical Plants in about 5 countries over time.
Now, America is and will be home for always, and I head the Engineering department for one of the smaller Plants of a large International American corporation that owns Paper and Cardboard Mills, and a specialty Chemical division.

I have 3 daughters and my eldest daughter delivered my first Granddaughter 18 months ago.
My Daughters and Granddaughter are extremely dear to me!

My Sausage making and meat smoking, compared to all the Member expertise on this forum, is on an interesting learning curve for me. I enjoy every minute of it.
Ron
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jul 31, 2011 21:46

Bubba,
You've found the secret of life!
It is in your posterity. Your children and grandchildren... and now, your great-grandchildren.
These little folks make the "World Go Round" don't they? They absolutely make the world turn!
What in this world is important as they are?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:19

Chuckwagon wrote:You've found the secret of life!
Hi Chuckwagon, indeed I have! :smile:
Ron
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Big Guy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 15:54

I retired after 32 years as a chemist in the nuclear power industry and now started a new career as a bottle cleaning technician for miniture ship builders. I take your full bottle of single malt whisky or other rare spirits, I then drain the bottles which could take some time, then I clean and prep the bottle to be used for ship building. i usually charge $200 -$400 for my services and business is booming even in these trying times. Its a niche market. :mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Aug 06, 2011 20:01

Hey Big Guy,
Your innovation leaves me speechless! :lol: Are you taking on apprentices or even part-time help? :roll:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Big Guy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 13:51

I have been thinking about taking on an apprentice its a 7 year course and the tuition is $10,000 CDN a year.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 01:51

Hi Folks, our pal DaveZak once wrote,
"It's funny how you paint a picture of someone you've talked to but never met."
As long as you are telling us how you got your tag and what you do for your hard-earned scheckles, why not post a photo of yourself? Don't be shy! Here is a link to the Hyde Park forum topic called "How To Post A Photo": http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?p=3290#3290
(That is also the place to post your photo.)

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon