Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Knifeman
User
User

Post by Knifeman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 00:58

I mainly just followed directions from supervisors in that department ! The cure was mixed up by the spice room . Maybe I should l edit that portion of my introduction !
Nice to meet you !
Knifeman
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Mon Jan 22, 2018 01:20

Knife man, welcome, you are in the right spot, don't move and don't go anywhere!

Yes your knowledge will be greatly welcomed in here and whatever you wish to do with meat, whether it be sausage making or bacon or even a ham, this is the place you can count on for great answers and guidance.

If you need to know something, or have a question, just ask, you will get the right answer in here.

Many of us are on line almost 24/7, but don't worry, just ask and you shall receive.

I'm kinda new here myself, but what I've found is this is a forum with, experienced professional members that want to help. There are tons of recipes, idea, and proven ways of doing things, so hang around. It may seem slow, but we're here and ask and you will get the right answer.

Welcome my friend.
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Jan 22, 2018 08:05

Welcome to the forum Knifeman! Always nice to have another member from the Wet Coast come aboard! :lol: Lot's of info and recipes here and help when you need it. Since you already have experience in the meat industry, sausage making will be like a second nature to you. Start by reading the section about making sausages by clicking on the meatsandsausages.com banner at the top of this page. There is also a link there to hundreds of recipes. If you want to start by experimenting with making patties, look through the options under Fresh Sausage Recipes. You also might want to contact Stuffers Supply in Langley to see if they will be offering any classes in sausage making in the near future.

Good luck and feel free ask any qustions that you might have.
Knifeman
User
User

Post by Knifeman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 21:28

Kijek and Redzed !

Thanks very much for the warm welcome and directions to start me on my journey ! Really looking forward to this !

Sausage making is a whole different segment of the meat industry that I am not familiar with . I have removed many whole muscle cuts of pork and beef that were used for curing ,wet and dry, and fresh cuts of meat. As you know this involved trimmings that were used for sausage making . If I can help others with what I know with my limited knowledge that would be great .
Knifeman
Knifeman
User
User

Post by Knifeman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 22:13

Would it be a good idea to purchase Stan's book concerning making home made sausages ? I had the name but can't seem to find it now .
Thanks !
Knifeman
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Mon Jan 22, 2018 22:49

The green book is a great all round book https://www.amazon.com/Home-Production- ... 4CVSKUSLLD

The Yellow one is more for fermented sausage https://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Making-F ... KWAKIZOORM

Yes its a great Idea! As Redzed said above much of that info is here: https://www.meatsandsausages.com/

Welcome to the Forum!
wurstlover

Post by wurstlover » Tue Mar 13, 2018 20:22

Greetings all,
I'm glad to have finally signed up for this forum, wish I could understand Polish but sadly can't, as there are so many interesting looking videos on the Polish site. I have made a bit of sausage starting with Rytek Kutas' book and then the Marianski brothers. I am currently working on the Polish techniques in Marianski's book, dry curing cubes for three days and then combining with an emulsion, cold smoking, cooking in a water bath and re-smoking. I want to expand to more dried sausages, perhaps of a Hungarian sort and someday I want to get brave enough to tackle the fermented, uncooked variety. I also want to learn how to make other cured meat products like pastrami, tried once but it was inedible.
Looking forward to discussions.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Tue Mar 13, 2018 21:05

Welcome to the Forum!
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Tue Mar 13, 2018 21:57

Welcome Wurst, don't worry about not speaking Polish, I'm Polish and can't speak more then five words, but there are many in here that help with translations.
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Mar 14, 2018 03:34

Welcome wurst lover! Always glad to have another meathead come aboard! :lol: Lot's of info here in the thousands of posts and recipes, and if you have any questions, just ask! If you are looking with help with anything on the Polish site, no problem!
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Wed Mar 14, 2018 03:48

I'm going to stick my neck out here, and hopefully the pros will not think I'm stepping on toes.

But Wurst, you mentioned making corned beef & pastrami, that is one area that I feel very comfortable in giving advice, so feel free to ask me questions.

I'm gonna add that this site has many members from all walks of life that have religiously practiced charcuterie, but some are still learning like myself.

Keep active in here, keep asking questions, and before you know it, you will know who is who and who knows the real stuff, but everyone works and collaborates together to form something special here, I'm glad to see you join up!
EAnna
Beginner
Beginner

Post by EAnna » Sat Mar 17, 2018 23:30

Hi Everyone,
My name is Anna.
I`m moderator at the Polish webside www.Wedlinydomowe.pl
I`m glad to have finalny signed up for this forum and wanted to introduce myself.
I would like to read your discusions aboute sausages and particularly microbiology of meat and products.
Sorry for my terrible English.
Best regards
EAnna
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Sun Mar 18, 2018 02:51

Welcome! Your English is light years ahead of my Polish :oops: :oops:
curryman86

Morning All

Post by curryman86 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:00

Hi All

Stephen here from sunny France, although it does show UK coz you don't have France in your drop down menu when you sign up (that's BAD) I was born in the uk but have lived in France for over 10 years.
Been making sausages and patties for many years (my father was a chef) nothing really special I tend to make it up as I make the mix so joining this site will be interesting and I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you guys & girls.

All the best
Stephen
If all else fails ......
Read the instructions !!!!
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sun Mar 18, 2018 13:09

WElcome to the Forum Eric! I will enquire about France being omited