Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
StefanS
Passionate
Passionate

Post by StefanS » Sun Mar 18, 2018 13:39

EAnna - welcome here.
EAnna wrote:Sorry for my terrible English.
looks like it is much better than mine :lol:
Butterbean wrote:Your English is light years ahead of my Polish
- BB - your Polish with English accent sounds terrible. :lol:
Stephen (carryman86) welcome to the Forum.
Lonster
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lonster » Sun Mar 18, 2018 15:24

Been lurking here a long time. Finally decided to join. Got my start making sausage when I was 17, I got a job working for a butcher shop near Golden CO. Now 40 years later it's my hobby. Started small with the wife's kitchen aide mixer and little chief smoker. and little by little started upgrading. . 2 years ago got into dry cured meats with marginal success in a modified wine cooler. I just obtained a commercial freezer that the restaurant said wasn't working and after fiddling with it got it going. It will be my new curing chamber. I'm a biochemical engineer by training so this kind of stuff is in my blood. Currently living in the Seattle area but my sausage room is up at our weekend (future retirement) house on Whidbey Island. I appreciate learning from the folks here. I do think those of us in the US northwest. CA southwest should meet up for a tasting event. There seem to be a few of us in the area
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Sun Mar 18, 2018 16:14

StefanS wrote:EAnna - welcome here.
EAnna wrote:Sorry for my terrible English.
looks like it is much better than mine :lol:
Butterbean wrote:Your English is light years ahead of my Polish
- BB - your Polish with English accent sounds terrible. :lol:
Stephen (carryman86) welcome to the Forum.
Stefan, that would mean both my English and Polish are both on par with one another. :oops: :grin:
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Sun Mar 18, 2018 16:51

Welcome Anna, your English is great. I like the other web site as well but need a translator.
StefanS
Passionate
Passionate

Post by StefanS » Sun Mar 18, 2018 17:54

Lonster - welcome to the Forum.
curryman86

Eric !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by curryman86 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 20:41

Bob ...... where did Eric come from??????

All the best

Stephen
If all else fails ......
Read the instructions !!!!
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sun Mar 18, 2018 20:57

Sorry about that Stephan. Brain Fart :oops:
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Mar 19, 2018 04:25

Anna welcome to the forum! We are very pleased that you joined us and that you will be sharing your knowledge and expertise here. I look forward to your posts.

Stephen welcome aboard! You live in a wonderful part of the world and hopefully you can introduce us to some of the regional charcuterie in Poitiers. Never made it to your city yet, the closest I suppose would have been Tours, but maybe someday! And so that you are not too upset, here ya go!

Lonster, I'm glad that you "finally decided to join". Nice to see that you scored that commercial freezer and we all look forward to seeing the conversion and products. Wine coolers can work but are not the most ideal. Usually just too crowded, not enough air flow and high humidity problems. I've always wanted to visit Whidbey Island. How hilly are the roads and is it bicycle friendly?
wurstlover

Post by wurstlover » Sat Mar 24, 2018 21:39

Hi Kijek,
Thanks for the offer of help re: the pastrami, I will look forward to discussing that with you. Mine ended up far too salty to eat.
jcflorida
User
User

Post by jcflorida » Sat Mar 24, 2018 23:10

wurstlover wrote:Thanks for the offer of help re: the pastrami, I will look forward to discussing that with you. Mine ended up far too salty to eat.
Might take a look at the amazing ribs website for a very good (IMHO) pastrami recipe using either store bought corned beef or made from scratch.
mfiorita

Just saying hello (New Member)

Post by mfiorita » Thu Sep 13, 2018 23:37

Hey everyone. New to the forum, just joined but have been curing and making wine with the family since I was old enough to help out. There is so much knowledge on this forum, hope I can contribute in some way. Hope everyone is doing well.

Mike
argusa

New Guy Looking for Small Sausage Production Shop Plans

Post by argusa » Tue Sep 18, 2018 15:51

Hello Everyone,

I have been making Chorizos for several years and now I am at a point where I bought a commercial space to open up my own shop.

I am looking for a small production Fresh Sausage (600 sqf) shop plans. If anyone is kind to share that, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,
ferincr

Post by ferincr » Wed Sep 19, 2018 16:25

Hi, I'm Fernando living in Costa Rica (but originally from Argentina) and I starting playing with making sausages few years ago.
I now managed to convert an older fridge so I can get much better and consistent results.
I'm still not happy with the whole cure muscles results (they always come too salty) so I'm losing momentum with them.
The dried (and fresh) sausages on the other hand are really good (unfortunately my wife is more fan of prosciutto witch I haven't managed to make a decent one yet :cry: )
Well, that's me.
I'll be lurking and asking around these forums....
Fernando
redzed

Re: Just saying hello (New Member)

Post by redzed » Thu Sep 20, 2018 17:37

mfiorita wrote:Hey everyone. New to the forum, just joined but have been curing and making wine with the family since I was old enough to help out. There is so much knowledge on this forum, hope I can contribute in some way. Hope everyone is doing well.

Mike
Hey Mike welcome to the forum! We are happy to have you aboard and look forward to your contributions. How about telling us more about some of your favourite products and maybe some recipes?

BTW, I'm also an amateur winemaker and eagerly awaiting the arrival of this year's Cab Sav and Syrah grapes next month.
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Sep 20, 2018 17:48

ferincr wrote:Hi, I'm Fernando living in Costa Rica (but originally from Argentina) and I starting playing with making sausages few years ago.
I now managed to convert an older fridge so I can get much better and consistent results.
I'm still not happy with the whole cure muscles results (they always come too salty) so I'm losing momentum with them.
The dried (and fresh) sausages on the other hand are really good (unfortunately my wife is more fan of prosciutto witch I haven't managed to make a decent one yet :cry: )
Well, that's me.
I'll be lurking and asking around these forums....
Fernando
Bienvenido Fernando! It's great to have you here with us. Sorry to hear about your struggles with cured whole muscle cuts. Have you tried equilibrium curing? How about giving us the specifics of your curing process and we might be able to help.