Education

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Butterbean

Education

Post by Butterbean » Sat May 12, 2018 23:05

My daughter hasn't quite figured out what she wants to major in. She's been vacillating between food or medicine. Currently she is in Italy studying the local foods. Once done she has been accepted in a chocolate making curriculum where she will head south and do a short stint on a cocoa farm where they grow and make chocolate.

Here are a few pictures of what she saw yesterday. Oh to be young again.

Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Sun May 13, 2018 13:54

Wow wonderful pictures, I really enjoyed looking at them, great stuff.
It also looks like your daughter is having great fun in her studies, good for her, I wish her well and great success in whatever she may choose as her studies and career.
I'm sure you must be very proud of her, I believe she will become a great success story,
Thanks again for sharing the photos.
MatterOne
User
User

Post by MatterOne » Sun May 13, 2018 16:14

Wow, that fifth picture looks like Heaven on Earth!

Regardless of what she decides, those experiences sound truly incredible.
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun May 13, 2018 16:54

Great pics! And it looks like that the apple does not fall far from the tree! Your daughter obviously inherited your passion for charcuterie and traditional preparation of food. Even with globalization, the Europeans are able to manage and advance modernization, while respecting history and traditions. That is something that we don't seem to do very well on this continent.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Sun May 13, 2018 21:49

Thanks. She is definitely having a ball. She really loves this class. It has to do with traditional foods and how they are made. Her professor seems to really like her because she's been able to share with him a few things he didn't know and he's been surprised at some of the things we eat here at home and the history behind them.

I don't know what she'll pursue for a career. I'm sure she will do good at whatever path she takes. I'm not one push my children into anything and just give them as much free reign as they can handle and let them pursue their own dreams. I'm sure she will leave there with more appreciation for some of the food and beverages her dad makes and the history behind them all.

Who knows, she may come home and tell me to get off my butt and crank up production. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sambal badjak
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sambal badjak » Mon May 14, 2018 07:09

Those pictures are absolutely fantastic!
Wish we had some shops like that here
life is too short to drink bad wine (anonymus)
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Mon May 21, 2018 20:44

I thought I'd share a few pictures my daughter sent me this morning.

My daughter called me to share something that had her rolling in laughter. Apparently there are a few vegans in her class. Why? I haven't a clue but they really made a spectacle of themselves in this facility. Apparently this offended their sensitivities and the smell offended them as well. My daughter said it smelled beautiful. Like heaven. Her professor picked up on my daughter's amusement at the vegans and they began quipping back and forth about how it would be cool to just leave the trotters on and how one might even put fingernail polish on their nails. She is definitely having a blast and learning so much. I might even have someone prodding me to make more stuff in the near future.