Beef Mortadella Lyoner receipt

Hector

Beef Mortadella Lyoner receipt

Post by Hector » Fri Jun 22, 2018 06:47

Hi every one,
I am amateur in making sausage and ham and i hope other member help me in making my favorite sausage.
I tried many times in making beef Mortadella Lyoner but each time i didnt get good result.unfortunately i dont have access to pork meat and i should make my sausages and ham with chicken or beef.

I have feller fp1500 food processor and food steamer .I tried receipts of "meatsandsausages" website but without desire result.
Someone has experience or suggestion in making beef lyoner
Thanks
jrittvo
Beginner
Beginner

Post by jrittvo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18

I found this, which looks like a pretty thorough explanation of making a mortadella type product using only beef.

https://www.ingredients.de/gfx/file/rec ... adella.pdf
Hector

Post by Hector » Fri Jun 22, 2018 18:15

Thanks jrittvo,
That was really useful.

It use many commercial product like Meister KutMaxx , AGAGEL 220 ,.. that is unavailable for most of us.
anyway thank you

Also any other suggestion will be useful
jrittvo
Beginner
Beginner

Post by jrittvo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 05:40

I Googled a few of the ingredient names. They all come from the same company, Friedrich Ingredients, so that must be where the recipe originally came from.

The first few are their branded seasoning mixes. You could probably substitute the seasonings from the pork mortadella recipe you tried before, as a start.

The rest of the specific names seem to be binders / water retainers / emulsifiers and all that kind of thing. The link below gets you to a description of all of Friedrich's products. You can find out what they are made of, like carrageenan and xanthan for the Agagel 220. You could probably duplicate them all with the common items that should be easier for you to access.

https://www.ulprospector.com/en/eu/Food ... ients?st=1

Might take a few tries to get your own mix right, but that might be part of the fun??? At least with mortadella, you don't have to wait 3 months to find out how you did.

-----------------

Looks like Friedrich has a distributor based in Dubai that handles your region. Look at this link:

https://www.ingredients.de/en/service/r ... ations.php
Hector

Post by Hector » Sun Jun 24, 2018 07:34

Thank you so much.I will try it and share the result
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Jun 25, 2018 06:04

Hello Hector, and welcome to the forum! Can you explain exactly what went wrong with your efforts at making this sausage? Did you make a proper emulsification, and did not like the taste, or did you have problems with the process?
Hector

Post by Hector » Mon Jun 25, 2018 06:47

Thanks redzed for your reply,

In fact i cant make elastic sausage like lyoner.Unfortunately pork meat is forbidden in my country and i cant make lyoner according to internet receipt(like meatandsausage.com receipt)and i should use chicken or beef instead.
In my country sausage manufacture use their own secret receipt for making Lyoner or another elastic sausage and they just say material is beef,gluten,flour.starch,spi and spice.i cant believe just these material can make elastic sausage like Lyoner.
I tried many receipt and material but i didnt get desire product.
I use food processor and food steamer.i cant realize my emulsification step is correct or not.if i be lucky my sausage looks like below picture:
My receipt:
Chicken Drumstick 350gr
Beef lean meat 50gr
Cold water 65gr
Veg. oil 15gr
Corn starch 5gr
Wheat flour 10gr
non fat dry milk powder 7.5gr
Salt 7.5gr
Gluten 1gr
Soy powder 1gr
Egg yolk 1
Spice 5g

Procedure:
1.grind near frozen chicken and beef meat three time with home meat grinder and then freeze it again.
2. put near frozen meat in food processor and then add half of ice and mix for 1minutes at slow speed then add egg yolk and remix for 1 minute.
3.add veg oil and remaining of ice and remix.first at slow speed and then 3 minutes at high speed.at this stage sticky paste obtain.
4.add remaining material and remix at high speed for 3 minutes and roll this paste in aluminium foil like vietnam sausage.
5.cook 3 hour in food steamer
6.put in refrigerator (1-5c) for 6 hour

My sausage has poor elastic properties.i didnt get good result with just beef meat.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Tue Jun 26, 2018 13:16

Hector wrote:i cant realize my emulsification step is correct or not
Reading this should help you with your emulsions. http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.ph ... lsion+tips

Also adding cure #1 to your recipe would improve the color and texture
Hector

Post by Hector » Wed Jun 27, 2018 16:23

Thanks Bob K,

I want to make nitrite and Phosphate free sausage
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Wed Jun 27, 2018 18:00

You can do without the phosphates and other additives but the nitrite really contributes to the color and texture. I make all beef Gyro roll on a fairly regular basis and have no problems using just beef and beef fat.

This is not even emulsified just ground through a 3 mm plate

Hector

Post by Hector » Wed Jun 27, 2018 18:19

Thank you so much Bob K for your beautiful sausage image,

As i said before i want to make nitrite free sausage(that is really toxic substance and cause Nitrosamines)

May i know receipt and procedure that you used?

Your susage is sliceable ?How is elastic property of it?
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Wed Jun 27, 2018 18:45

Hector wrote:As i said before i want to make nitrite free sausage(that is really toxic substance and cause Nitrosamines)
Oh my! Do you also realize that Clostridium Botulinum really loves the temps and environment that these sausages are produced at and its the deadliest poison known to man? Try doing a search for Nitrosamines on this site.

Recipe is here: http://www.wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopi ... light=gyro

Definitely slice-able, wonderful texture.
Hector

Post by Hector » Wed Jun 27, 2018 21:02

Dear Bob,
I know Clostridium Botulinum.i cook my sausage by steam(center of my sausage reach 80c) and also i perform ice shock.i dont think Botulinum exist in my sausage otherwise i should die some months ago :razz:

Your link is great

Do you have image of your sausage slice?
Last edited by Hector on Wed Jun 27, 2018 21:15, edited 2 times in total.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Wed Jun 27, 2018 21:13

Hector wrote:Do you have image of your sausage slice?
No
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Thu Jun 28, 2018 14:55

Hector wrote:5.cook 3 hour in food steamer
Hector wrote:i cook my sausage by steam(center of my sausage reach 80c)
This is (probably) the reason you are having texture problems, Too hot and too long of a cooking process.

The water bath or steam cabinet temp should be maximum of 176 °F, 80° C for around 60 min or until an internal meat temperature of 154-158 °F, 68-70° C. I usually poach at 160°f till an internal temp of 152°f.

https://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausag ... t/sausages