AIR IN STUFFER

Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

AIR IN STUFFER

Post by Kijek » Fri Dec 07, 2018 21:49

Hi Guys I've been busy, but here is a simple question , with probably many answers.

What methods have you found work out best for getting most of the trapped air out of your stuffer?

I tried many ways and dreamed up a few of my own. I have some good results, but would really like to here from you all.
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Dec 08, 2018 08:29

Well it's always a bit of a problem when we use the hand operated stuffers that are designed for home use. Professional stuffers operate under vacuum, to eliminate that problem. To begin with, mix the meat thoroghly and pack it tightly into the stuffer and make sure that the air escape valve is working. Each make and model of stuffer has it's idiosyncrasies, so tell us what you have and maybe someone here can help you if they have the same or similar stuffer.
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Sat Dec 08, 2018 18:34

I have 3, one 5lb stuffer and a 15lb stuffer don't remember model name, but got them years ago from Northern Tool here the models link >

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools ... g+stuffers

Also have the Dakotah water stuffer that I enjoy when I'm working alone.

On the 5 & 15 lbers the air relief valve works great, and I do a good job getting most of the air out. But your always stuck with some small pockets of air here and there.

Just basically wanted to see if anyone in here has come up with a nice technique that really works well in solving this small problem.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Wed Jan 23, 2019 17:16

One thing you can do that helps is put the mince in the stuffer a handful at a time. Almost like a doughball and press each handful down firmly. Putting too much meat in the stuffer can sometimes cause little caves but reducing the amount and packing each seems to help a good bit. But sometimes the elves just make air pockets to test your patience. :wink:
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Thu Jan 24, 2019 15:15

Thanks Butters, I do have the tendency of putting in heaping mounds of meat at one time.