Necessary Advertising

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 19:30

Suddenly I am being overwhelmed by a moderator called Sponsor. He joined today and has posted with advertising.
Instead of commenting on the wonderful panchetta from Huckleberry he is flogging chinese crap, especially coffee machines.
What happened? Is the forum better off financially by his cash injections or what? or is reality catching up or is it only on Australian computers?
Regards,
Jan.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Wed Dec 12, 2012 21:44

Looks like we've been hacked. :evil:
Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, CW!
It's devious, too. You post, and it goes to "most recent" position.
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Dec 12, 2012 22:21

Hey Guys, its alright Vtec explains in another post that it helps to pay the rent.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Necessary Advertising

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 02:04

Hi Fellow Members,
Did you know that our parent site (Wedliny Domowe) in Poland, is on Google`s "Top Ten"? You can open the Polish site by clicking on the Polish flag at the top-right side of the index page.
To go back to the English-speaking site, simply click on the American flag at the top of the page.

As I dragged my ol` weather-beaten carcass through the "school of hard knocks" all these years, I learned several things, but three really stand out.
One, the world is not flat!
Two, if something involves a woman or a carburetor, I`ll have trouble with it!
Three, there is no such thing as a "free lunch".

This site is expensive to maintain. Heck, it was expensive to set in motion in the first place. As with other sites, it has become necessary to endure a few advertisements among our posts. Sure, they may be inconvenient or even distracting, but they pay the bills. So, please... understand that the administration does not have a choice. In order to keep our beloved Wedliny Domowe forum site, we will have to tolerate a little "advertising". I believe it is only a small distraction when compared to the necessary cost of maintaining our wonderful site.

Once again, I would like to thank our Polish hosts for maintaining Wedliny Domowe. These folks include our administrator Vtec in Orzesze, along with Polish moderators Maxell (Mirek Gebarowski), Siara (Maciek), Bon Air, and Ligawa.

In the United States, Seminole (Stan Marianski in Florida) and some crazy dude in Utah called Chuckwagon, ride herd over the English-speaking site.

I would like to thank the members for obeying the rules and helping to promote brotherhood. We have a great bunch of people on this site who contribute regularly. Thank you for your support!

As Christmas approaches, my warmest regards and sincere hopes are with all of you.

Yours most sincerely,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Dec 13, 2012 02:57

I have been astonished by the absence of advertizing on this site up until now. I am pleased that our hosts have been able to find the means to keep the site open. I should hope that we can get Made In America advertizers to participate. I learned today that Choprite is an American foundry producing grinders in a Pennsylvania plant. I have one on order and will publish a complete report concerning when I have had a chance to use it.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:12

Ross,
Chop-Rite goes way back. In fact, it`s the oldest grinder company in our country. It started out over a century ago as "Enterprise Manufacturing". About 1994 or `95, the company was sold and the new owners changed its name to Chop-Rite Mfg. All parts are interchangeable and the original cast iron grinders are just like the "energizer bunny" ... they keep goin` and goin` and goin`. People who have the old "Enterprise" grinders, swear by them and they`ll tell you that the grinder is the best on the market. Not long ago, an American 12-inch coffee mill made by Enterprise Manufacturing Co. in 1915 was sold for $2,150.00. The company was headquartered in Philadelphia.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Dec 13, 2012 06:41

pleasing to know! I will review it in detail when I get it well broken in.
Ross- tightwad home cook