Technological Videos

redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Dec 30, 2014 23:37

The grinder used in the video is a modified No. 22 manual grinder driven by an electric motor. To me it looks like the propeller shaft is attached to the auger, preventing it from slipping forward.

Maxell, what is in Devo's picture is not a grinding plate, but a stabilizer plate for stuffing with a grinder. There is no knife used, so maybe it would work?

BTW, I have an extra one of those stuffing plates. It is identical to the one in Devo's pic, will fit a 10/12 grinder and is brand new. If anyone out there wants it, I will send it to you in February.
Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Devo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 23:47

Interesting, it would be interesting to see a good picture of the grinder but from the sounds of it you can do this all by hand. From the pictures of the cuts of meat you mentioned (had to google them) you can do all that by hand. I am guessing its not a full grind but kind of a messaging of the meat to keep it whole but to blend in with the ground meat.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Wed Dec 31, 2014 03:16

On the manual grinders the auger is attached to the handle through the housing so that would hold it in place.
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Fri Jan 02, 2015 19:14

Each additional device crushes the meat grinder. The meat itself will stabilize the snail.
Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Jan 03, 2015 02:29

As the auger pushes the meat forward the meat pushes the auger back into the housing..
Ross- tightwad home cook
jlee

Post by jlee » Thu May 28, 2015 03:37

Any news on English subbed or dubbed version ?
Thanks
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Jun 02, 2015 05:46

Hi Jlee,

Welcome to our forum! Your interest is appreciated.

Hopefully Maxell will give us an update on the progress with the English version soon.
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Jun 02, 2015 17:14

According to Maxell the videos are the property of the production company "Szkola w Necie"
https://szkolawnecie.pl/index.php/szkolenia#category19

They are apparently still working on the English version of the videos.
jlee

Post by jlee » Wed Jun 03, 2015 05:12

Thanks for your reply guys, I wish it was available already, I'm ready to make a purchase :)
Knifeman
User
User

Post by Knifeman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 20:07

Hello All
Is there any update on these videos ? Are they still available in Polish ? Are they now available in English ?

Thank You !
Knifeman
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Jan 28, 2018 07:35

The idea to release an English language edition of the videos was eventually scrapped. Probably because of lack of interest and the expense in the production and translation. And it is never the same when you try to work with subtitles and voice overs. The way that the videos are sold is by subscription, and for a specified period of time. I subscribed to four of the segments but they just expired at the end of 2017. Lots of good stuff in there, good lessons on meat classification, complete sausage making and bacon hams and other meats . I learned the most from the video on making head cheeses, liver sausages and blood sausages. Poles take their sausage making very seriously and the process is quite regimented. There are very clear lines between the right way and the wrong way to do things. If anyone has an understanding of Polish, the videos are available here: https://szkolawnecie.pl/szkolenia#category26 and a free sample segment is here: http://kulinarna.szkolawnecie.pl/

As to other videos, there are hundreds of them on youtube. The only problem is that most of them are not worth watching. Some are a complete waste of time, some are wacky and some are outright dangerous. But there many useful and helpful ones as well. So perhaps we can start a new thread where our members can recommend quality educational videos. I think we should work out some parameters and boundaries so that we don't litter it with irrelevant memes. So if you have ideas as to what you would like to see, let us know. Unfortunately I will be away for the next couple of weeks, so I won't be able to participate during that time. But don't let that hold you back, and I'll join in when I return home.
Knifeman
User
User

Re: School..

Post by Knifeman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 21:13

Hello Redzed

Thanks for your reply and link to the videos ! In regards to your second paragraph and starting a new thread devoted to the subject of Educational Videos do we not already have one ?
If not would you care to start one ? Would you like to start one ? Would someone else like to start it ? Where would they post it ?

I would like to see videos that would include Topics related to #1 Fresh Sausage Making #2 Fermented Sausages #3 Curing of Whole Muscle Meats including Wet and Dry Curing of these muscles . I totally agree about the SAFETY aspect ! As I know members here would not want to make someone ill from a product they made !
Knifeman
Maxell

Re: Technological Videos

Post by Maxell » Wed Dec 09, 2020 14:31

Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl