sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Big Game Bacon

Post by sawhorseray » Sun Jan 19, 2014 20:35

Yesterday was spent smoking

and baking

Today will be spent doing a little slicing

and enjoying a few ice-cold Rolling Rocks in front of the big screen. GO NINERS!!! RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Carpster
User
User

Post by Carpster » Sun Jan 19, 2014 23:50

Your bacon looks awesome and so does the bread!!! :smile:
:?: How much does a belly go for out there?
Finally, today found a Boston Butt for 1.49lb

Steve
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Mon Jan 20, 2014 13:02

I paid $4.22lb for this pork belly, up from $2.65lb three and a half month ago. Butts can usually be found at a decent price, I hear Sam's Club always has a good deal. I wait every year for a 99&#sale and get a big load.

http://www.savemart.com/index.php?req=c ... y_specials

My team stinks, we got out-coached, again. With the team we've had the last three years even Singletary would have won a Super Bowl, now we'll stink for a long time. At least I still have sausage, and bacon! RAY

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Carpster
User
User

Post by Carpster » Tue Jan 21, 2014 04:56

I don't get it....I live in the Pork Belt and it seems higher here than anywhere else. :roll:
The cheapest Pork Butt till now has been $2.49 lb.
By the way Sawhorseray...your pictures inspired me to make bread. I made two loafs today!!!
I will post some pics tomorrow I hope!!!

Steve
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Jan 21, 2014 08:39

Hi Carpster! I don't get anything about pork prices either, nothing adds up anywhere, but I get my same deal every year right about this time. Making bread is a gas, go for it! I got a raging ton of help when I was just starting out from the direction of Ross, also known on this site as "ssorllih". He's kind of the "capo-de-tutti-capi " here, and has a wealth of knowledge that he's always been kind enough to share. Read up here if you've got any questions, or just want a good read and education.

http://www.wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=6455

Any questions, just ask, folks here are friendly and helpful, you won't get a bum steer. RAY

PS: I'm just starting to think about waffles and how well they go with bacon and sausage. Maybe it's just me, who knows. Any good recipes out there for waffle batter? :grin: RAY