Pic of home made Proscuito Wa Australia

Aaron
User
User

Pic of home made Proscuito Wa Australia

Post by Aaron » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28

Ok...This Biodynamic pig Farmer in the Busselton Area W.A made this 2 Year old proscuito....He cut it the other day to give my friends a taste of it....my mate said that he was in Heaven over the taste of it......Not sure about the whole in it??? but i'm sure it doesn't matter!...I can see the Femur bone nicely exposed. I'm not sure on his process....I would have like to have known if he had covered the femur with lard or what....?

Regards
Aaron
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:13

Wow! Where is this guy, I lived in Busso for four years, still have the house there, and go there often. Would like to look him up
Jan L
Aaron
User
User

Post by Aaron » Tue Jul 08, 2014 13:09

Jan
my friend who gave me the photo is my Butcher...he raises his own animals and is certified Biodynamic and has his own processing plant....He brands all his stock on both sides to make sure he gets his own animals back from the abattoire. He is not cheap but you can guarantee the best possible product. He currently farms cows and sheep and has just acquired his licence to kill for Chickens.....he stocks Pork but it is not his....I think it is the woman who owns the Strawberry Farm....She goes with organic practises but I'm unsure if she has any certification?...His name is Mike Shipley...Take a look at www.shipleysfarm.com.au......I'll check this out in case I gave you wrong info.

Cheers
Aaron
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Tue Jul 08, 2014 15:56

Thanks for this Aaron, worth paying him a visit. Probably too expensive for biltong though. But for that spacial occasion.....
Jan