Frequent User
Frequent User

New Year's Smoked Cheesecake

Post by jjnurk » Thu Dec 31, 2020 21:51

20201231_104410_resized.jpg
before
20201231_141421_resized 1.jpg
after
So I thought about having some fun today. Instead of preparing some meat products, let's make dessert. Wifey and I made a coconut cheese cake, which I then threw into the smoker for about 2 hrs, smoked it on cherry wood and let me tell you, what a fantastic taste. The recipe consisted of making a graham cracker crust, as per box instructions, in a spring form pan. Filling was: cream cheese 4 x 8 oz pkgs, sugar 1.25 cups, but we cut down by 1/2 that, pinch of salt, 1 tsp vanilla, 4 large eggs ( that were added 1 at a time and mixed for 1 minute), 1 c coconut milk and 1/4 cup sour cream. Mix everything together, have a shot of wiśniówka, then pour the batter on onto the crust. Put the form into a water bath and into a pre-heated smoker at 325F. I used cherry wood and gently smoked it for a couple hours. Follow whatever baking instructions there are, just use the smoker instead. I'm definitely going to make this again and certainly experiment with other desserts as well. I hear butter tarts are good :D

Happy New Year's .......Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku !!!!!!!!!
JjNUrK