Best Pizza So Far

sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Best Pizza So Far

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Mar 28, 2014 20:14

It was time to start using the pizza stone properly and break in the pizza peel. I cut a hunk of parchment paper to just a little bigger than the stone
That meant the stone could go heat up in a 420° oven, what the parchment is rated at, once the pizza dough was formed to the size of the stone
Once the layer of onion-garlic sauce and mozzarella were on it was time to start adding the meat
First the salami and pepperoni layer
Then the wild hag sausage and Canadian bacon, finish with some chopped onion and black olive slices. Into a 420° oven for 20 minutes
Sliced into eight pieces with my old-world pizza cutter
Everyone seemed to be in agreement that the pizza stone was a upgrade for the crust. Managed to pull it all off without burning myself or flinging hot pizza all over the kitchen, my best effort yet. Back to the kitchen, I'm making sausage. RAY
Last edited by sawhorseray on Sat Mar 29, 2014 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
MetalMan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by MetalMan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 02:46

Nothing wrong with that. Pizza looks great!
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Mar 29, 2014 02:55

Raimondo! You are the Maestro! :lol:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Mar 29, 2014 03:27

No fault to be found in that piece of work. There was a lot of sliced meat pavement on the piece of bread. Ain't it great when we make or grow everything we put on our table?
Ross- tightwad home cook
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Mar 29, 2014 14:45

ssorllih wrote:No fault to be found in that piece of work. There was a lot of sliced meat pavement on the piece of bread. Ain't it great when we make or grow everything we put on our table?
It sure is Ross. We've already got this years victory garden started with a great crop of hold-over chard from last year
We've been in the ground for about a week now and I can see the tomatoes and zucchini taking off already
I want to plant strawberries on the other side of the yard but my backs been killing me ever since I got this side in. Seems using a maddox to rototill soil isn't as easy as it used to be. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Mar 29, 2014 15:50

We have still been getting sub freezing nights.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Sat Mar 29, 2014 15:50

Garden looks great Ray :cool: Just curious, did you get enough water from the rain a couple of weeks ago? We are finally getting our water table up the last couple of weeks. And the pizza looks superb. That would be a 40 dollar pizza down here. Wife and I got it down now and it was all due to the guys here on this forum. Heck, we invite friends to come over for a pizza lunch, excellent conversation piece. Thanks everyone :wink:
Keep them safe until they all come home.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Mar 29, 2014 19:22

Krakowska wrote:Garden looks great Ray :cool: Just curious, did you get enough water from the rain a couple of weeks ago? We are finally getting our water table up the last couple of weeks. And the pizza looks superb. That would be a 40 dollar pizza down here. Wife and I got it down now and it was all due to the guys here on this forum. Heck, we invite friends to come over for a pizza lunch, excellent conversation piece. Thanks everyone :wink:
It's raining here right now and has been on and off for the last few days, supposed to rain harder the next few days. Even with all that they say it's not enough to overcome the drought and that cutbacks are in order. Two months back I shut off the water softener and turned off the outside lawn sprinklers. We went to Walmart and picked up four 32 gallon plastic garbage cans. I place a six gallon bucket in the corner of the shower and we save that water from running down the drain while the shower is heating up. In less than six weeks all four garbage cans are filled to the brim and that water will be used to hydrate the veggie garden. Our most recent bill shows we've cut back about 40% on our water use, so at least we can say we've made a conscious effort. The other day the newspaper here stated there were 350 citation written out last week for folks running their sprinklers too long, comes with a nice fine. Water is going to be a real huge problem here in CA and we investigated moving to south Oregon or over the hill to Reno. We paid cash for our house in 2006 and love the floor plan, so even tho the housing market has somewhat recouped from the crash, we'd just be leaving too much dough on the table to move now.

I make a pizza for about $6-$7 that's way better than the ones my sisters have delivered to their house for $32 from Round Table. I like to give then a rib and tell them at least I know mine wasn't made by some nose-picking high schooler who doesn't wash his hands before leaving the bathroom :lol: RAY